Pt 38

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawgwash

Guru
Looking at this ad, can anyone seriously critique it?
I came across the introduction to Roche Point back in 2009 and there were some positive contributions, so it would be nice to hear the story 5 years later.

Mike, I was going to PM you but feel that can be an intrusion if not done with respect and I have leaned on you a few times now.

You might even know this one, huh?

Trawler 38' 1981 Cheer Men Bros PT38 $79000USD

Looking at this ad, can anyone seriously critique it?
I came across the introduction to Roche Point back in 2009 and there were some positive contributions, so it would be nice to hear the story 5 years later.

Mike, I was going to PM you but feel that can be an intrusion if not done with respect and I have leaned on you a few times now.

You might even know this one, huh?

Trawler 38' 1981 Cheer Men Bros PT38 $79000USD

Not familiar with this boat at all, you would have to see it in person. Interior photos looks good but the exterior looks like it would need some "TLC" and no photos of the engine room and price seems high?

As to what you would like hear about Rochepoint 5 years later our feelings about her have not changed, we are still:smitten:

Last edited:
Price seems quite high considering a fresh water PT38 was sold for $56k last August in Ontario. Soldboats.com shows records of only this one PT38 sale.

He's moored at Oak Bay marina. I've walked by a few times. Outside looks like it could use some love but I can't say I really paid too much attention. Price seems a bit high. I'm only a couple of blocks away if you want me to take a stroll down.

rochepoint said:
Not familiar with this boat at all, you would have to see it in person. Interior photos looks good but the exterior looks like it would need some "TLC" and no photos of the engine room and price seems high?

As to what you would like hear about Rochepoint 5 years later our feelings about her have not changed, we are still:smitten:
My thoughts as well, Mike.
Now tell me, is that smiley a symbol of breaking hearts?:hide:

boatpoker said:
Price seems quite high considering a fresh water PT38 was sold for $56k last August in Ontario.
Thanks poker. I thought the same without a close look but at this point it is an exercise in learning.

alesnloggers said:
I'm only a couple of blocks away if you want me to take a stroll down.
Thanks for the offer, nice of you. I'm near as well so will get at 'er myself.
:thumb:

I was hoping this tread was about a Patrol Torpedo boat.

Make it what you want Scotty.

Seen the PT-39?

images
images

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom