View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adagio43 View Post
Hello all, my 12th and last sailboat has gone under agreement. Now I'm looking for a trawler and hoping I can get some help here. I live in Florida near Ocala but spent most of my life in New England. My dream is to spend spring and fall at my home in Florida, summers in New England and winter in the keys and Bahamas. I'm a single handler now and looking for a trawler to do this in. Like all sailors I don't like to pay for diesel and think 8kts is fast. I'd like to keep the length around 32' with pilot house doors, a single diesel, bow thruster, genset, and seperate shower stall. The budget is about $100,000 for the right boat. Also, little if any exterior teak if it is possible. I'm a firm believer that cruising doesn't have to be camping. Suggestions?
As a starting point, I would suggest just entering the information in Yacht World and then spending a few hours or days becoming familiar with the boats that might fit your criteria. I just entered "Trawler" "30-35'" and "$50k-100k" and "US" and got 52 boats.

Next I would look in detail at those 52 and what I liked and didn't like about each. Now there are other boats outside those because some might not have been listed as trawlers. But I see this as a starting place. With each boat that you look at the specs and photos on you will learn something. It might be, "ok I like the way that is laid out" or "I'd never want anything like that." It's just an immersion into a new language of powerboats vs. sail boats.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote