View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #176
Capn Craig
Guru

RE: Photo Gallery - All Members Boats

So here is my new to me, retirement gift. Actually, I hope this will become me and the Admiral's floating condo. Cruising plans are great loop, Lake Superior for a couple months, and infinite time exploring the eastern and gulf coasts. Only problem is that the retirement lasted 4 weeks, before I was back doing a consulting gig. A year and a half later, I'm still working. Time is a valuable thing. The boat, it is a 1982 Californian 34 LRC with 200 Perkins turbo's. I was looking for a single engine, but everything involves compromises, unless money is limitless, mine isn't. I think I gave up some economy. But I didn't get a teak deck removal project, leaky windows, or chalky gel coat, or boat payments.. The original engine hours are 1500. The genny's got 500. Overall, I think it is in very good condition for its age. In spite, my list of projects is getting longer. As I get to them, I will post. I am fairly capable of boat fixing and system engineering, but I have no salt water experience. This is not my first boat it is actually the 17th. Current fleet numbers 8. Yes, I got the sickness. The boat is in Nashville, I'm in Iowa at mile 493. Upper Miss River. I plan the first leg of the trip home in a week. to take it from Nashville to Kentucky Lake (about 200 mi.). It will need to stay there for a few months until the Miss thaws out and the threat of flooding has past. The Mississippi is not a good place when it floods. I don't have many boat pictures, but this what I have. I will post more after I have a chance to take them.
Attached Thumbnails
travel lift.jpg   boat from aft.jpg   boat in slip.jpg   boat strbd side.jpg   boat.jpg  

exterior resized.jpg   interior resized.jpg  
Capn Craig is offline   Reply With Quote