View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #7
scurvy-yard-dog
Veteran Member

City: Peculiar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
I had a 2003 285, which was one notch smaller than the 305, which I think was previously called the 3055.

Another important thing to look at would be the head and shower. We really liked the 285, but having a separate shower was on the top of our "next boat" list.

Bayliners make great use of the available space. I liked the full camper enclosure. Sure, it was only vinyl and not glass, but it gave you "inside" space when needed, which could be converted to "outside" space when desired.

The cabin always seemed light and airy, even with smallish windows compared to a pilothouse cruiser. The windows are much bigger than a lot of sailboat cabins. We could always see out enough to know what's going on, but didn't feel like we were on stage all the time.

I'd say it's worth a look. There are enough boats like it out there that even if you find you don't like it, it will have been a worthwhile trip.
So basically the Ciera is more of a weekender lake boat? There are so many different models it's hard to keep them all straight.
scurvy-yard-dog is offline   Reply With Quote