Ocean Alexander 423/456 Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon J

Guru
Vessel Name
Didi Mau
Vessel Make
Currently looking for next boat
My wife and I are thinking of purchasing an OA 423/456, or a Defever 44. A couple of questions for owners:

Have you ever missed not having stabilizers, or if you have stabilizers do you think they were necessary?

These boats (the OAs) are trunk cabin trawlers. I have never spent time on one, but wonder if those that do, miss having a sun deck. The flybridge is large enough to use as a sundeck, but am wondering what those with experience are thinking.

I spent a couple of weeks on a KK48 and enjoyed the verandah. I am wondering if the fly bridge will be a suitable replacement.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/responses.

Gordon

I had a 49' Albin (trunk cabin style) and a 43' Marine Trader (sun deck). It is just my opinion, but to me, the flybridge does not = the sun deck or veranda.

There was always something just very comfortable about stepping out from the salon into a second living area from which you can easily view the marina (anchorage), sunsets and nature.

The flybridge gave us a similar view, but it was not quite so accessible, nor did the flybridge offer the same comforts.

Cuttyhunk,

Thanks for the reply. This was my thinking as well. However, recently on a yacht club trip, friends entertained on the flybridge of their OA 423. It was roomy and comfortable, but visiting and living aboard both is a different thing.

Again, thanks for taking the time to write.

Gordon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom