MarineMat Flooring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimer2

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Baobab
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
Baobab got a facelift today!

We were tired of the carpet that stayed wet for days and was a bear to clean. We have no teak on the boat so could go with any color and ended up with a grey, hoping it will not show dirt as much. This is obviously not everyone's choice of flooring but we love it! No more wet, mildew or vacuum cleaning.

The guy showed up with a laser measuring machine about a week ago and was back today. Installation took about 2 hours. Total cost $2,300. Awesome!

The guy travels all over Florida so if anyone wants particulars, drop me a PM.

Not sure why the lines look all wavy in the pics, they sure aren't in real life!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 144
Greetings,
Mr. d2. VERY nice. What is the material? Rubber? Vinyl? Glued down? Is it hot underfoot? Care to share in public either the name of the product or the company? If not, please PM me. Thanks.

Looks good Blue-What's next?

:thumb:cool-that way you can throw away the boat bush.:D What's the next move (port)?

Doug, will be here for another week waiting on the dinghy floor, then meander South. Probably Dunedin, which is about 10 miles away. You know me, always in a rush :)

Your killing me!! Down to about 1.5 miles per day:) Haven't been able to do anything on the Relenti - Admiral had a knee replacement and I'm babysitting. Having withdrawals. Still haven't been able to check out my new rebuilt prop and bottom job. I guess I better get moving on the elevator for the camp.

Doug, it stands to reason...If you build a house and then put it 30 feet in the air on stilts, you have to have an elevator, or you will never have visitors!

That looks really nice, the wavy look must be form the "pixelation" in the photograph and computer image.
That's nice cruising, taking your time there aare lots of great stops along that coast,you all enjoy it!

That looks fantastic, Blue! I like the drain channels between panels. Does it drain well?

Nice stuff!

I have some friends that had this done on their sportfish before they left to go cruising. They are already in the Bahamas but I am willing to bet you will see them "out there".

Do you know what kind of history this stuff has??? As in will it last much past the 3 year warranty? I only ask because that stuff could become a mess if it starts to deteriorate and then you are left with a crumbling gooey mess....ie headliner type of mess...except all over the exterior of your boat.

Cheers Steve!

Al, once installed they ended up cutting some doughnuts to go around the actual scuppers as they were standing a little proud. Now it drains like a champ.

John, it is apparently carbon fiber but I have no idea how long after the 3 years it self destructs. I can tell you it can't be as bad as removing the carpet, which took me 3 days, as the gook they used to glue it down was like a soft rubber. It wouldn't scrape, sand or dissolve in any of the 'normal' cleaners.

Closed Cell Foam, EVA Foam, Polyethylene Foam
It is a closed cell EVA foam product. Which you can buy yourself. It is used for outside since it has UV resistance.

EVA foam is a very firm closed cell foam but with a softer, more rubbery feel than our polyethylene foam. When pressing your fingers into it, it squishes down some but comes right back into place. This type of foam is commonly used for decking on boats, surfboards, kneepads, padding in helmets, insulating hot tubs, shin guards, or exercise mats. EVA foam is inherently very UV resistant so it works well in outdoor applications. It weighs 2 lbs/ft3.

Sheet dimensions: 40" × 80" × 0.25" (101.6 × 203.2 × 0.6 cm)
1 sheet of 1/4" thick is $24.75

I suppose a polyurethane like Black PL made by loctite, or sikaflex 291, or even contact cement could glue it down.

Last edited:
The stuff came CRC machine cut and is self adhesive (peel and stick). You are right on the EVA foam, it is supplied by Carbon Marine, Carbon Fiber Boat Accessories....I had a brain fa@t.

Wow. Really cool. Looks great!

So for the dinghy, I opted for 'brushed' over the 'lined' as I wanted to be able to just wash the beach sand off without having to brush it out of the grooves. It is not as sharp looking but added some color to a plain white dinghy and doen't leave 'dimples' on your butt like non skid does. Before and after pictures;

Attachments

• dink2.jpg
    dink2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 75
  • dink2a.jpg
    dink2a.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 78
Thanks OMC!

Back
Top Bottom