Old 01-31-2016, 09:20 PM   #169
Peter B
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4061 View Post
.......... One item I forgot to ask Scott about was if owners add a shower curtain inside the shower room to help protect the teak wood finish on the door since this is wet room.
John
John, our boat is 40+ years old. It has a combined head and shower, with reasonable room. When we bought her 14 years ago, the original folding teak door was still looking so good I have never been able to convince myself it needed sanding down and re-varnishing, even though I have basically done the rest of the boat. The solid teak doors I left, because they were still so good. They still are, after all that time, and the head door has never been protected by a curtain. Originally, in a flush of enthusiasm we were going to put one in, then remembered in one boat we had how it sort of wrapped around oneself and clung, and always got in the way, and was a devil to wipe down, like Windmist above said. "I hate shower curtains because they stick to you and are hard to dry..."

We then looked at how little water (if you are just a bit careful) does land on the door, and how easy it is to flick a towel over that at the end, and how good the surface still was, and we said..."nah"...let's not..
just sayin'...

Cheers,