Leaving Key West for Isla Mujeres today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, want to check out of Mexico as far south as possible. Need your help, getting mixed information on Xcalac. Some say cant clear, some say 10hr bus ride round trip to chetumal. Just dont want to back track north so far to fight current south again. If anyone can provide current info for Xclalc, it would be appreciated. I did see one Active Captain review from Nov 2015, said it was back up and running. Customs, imigration couldnt confirm anything.

As I have mentioned, internet sucks here.

Thanks.

Scott, I have emailed a friend of mine who lives just north of Mahaual. Asked him to see if he could find any information there about Xcalak. I know you can clear in Chetamaul at the airport customs station.

Scott, Here is what he sent me back. Maybe this will help others also.

"Look up XTC dive center in Xcalak, they use to do the customs papers there. If that doesn't work, let me know and I will see if I can find out. You could also e-mail Linda at Leaky Palapa (restaurant), she will probably know, since she lives there full time."

Hopefully this helps you out.

Jon,

XTC emailed me saying they can not help. I have emailed Linda, but haven't heard back. I appreciate the leads.

Scott

Well, we have had no luck verifying check out options south, so we will clear out at Puerto Morales and head south from there. Although we will be in Isla Mujeres for at least another week with thw weather down here...It's good to be on Mexican time.

Fairly active cruisers net here, tons of gringos in town, very safe and friendly thus far. We prefer the south end of the island, as the north end is very hectic with tourist, ferries, shops, etc. The prices are better on the south end of the island as well!

The furthest port of entry south I'm aware of is Puerto Aventuras. The agent actually comes from Carmen so needs some scheduling time. Coming from the South, that was our first stop after leaving Belize. Excellent marina and resort there. Everything you need within walking distance.

Back
Top Bottom