GB 46 Alaskan data

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinkleyBoat

Vessel Make
Tiara 33 - Open - twin perkins
We are looking at a classic 46 Alaskan woodie and are having difficulty locating any spec data concerning this model. There were only 40 built.
If anyone has information or source data links available for this boat please let me know here or you can send me a PM (private message).
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The American Marine Alaskan woody is a specialized masterpiece. I urge you to join the Grand Banks Owners forum at Grand Banks Owner's Resources

In addition to the good advice you receive from this site, the GB Owners group is full of information and advice. A fellow named Bob Lowe started the site and, without a doubt, is the most knowledgeable person on the planet when it comes to the Alaskan. See his blog on his "Dreamer".

I have a 46 alaskan with all the original books.what specifically are you looking for?

I have a 46 alaskan with all the original books.what specifically are you looking for?

Well, we pulled the trigger on the 46 today. Offer accepted and the process begins.
Will keep updating the info as we move forward.
Eyes wide open!

Well, we pulled the trigger on the 46 today. Offer accepted and the process begins.
Will keep updating the info as we move forward.
Eyes wide open!
Congratulations , nice boat .

Thanks Mule,

Here is a pic taken last summer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 173
I thought that might be the one . The 46 has a great layout . Good luck and send more pics when you can .

No but I thought he did. I've been looking at the 49. But have to sell what I have first .

Awesome! Ah that new woody smell!

Survey Monday/Tuesday. No deal breakers yet.....

Congrats on the boat, fingers crossed on the survey. Great name, by the way....

Have a 46 down in NZ, ex Great Lakes boat "Caroline P" .." le Voyageur".. "Classy Lady", shipped her down for rebuild, freshwater, no paint, bad maintenance= total replank and systems rebuild, only thing that saved her is the good "bones" they hung the planks on, original Fords still doing a great job, lives on the West Coast of NZ, pretty gnarly area for bad weather quickly, best improvement to the boat has been to increase the rudder size by 30%... good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom