Which of these do you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which of the following do you do at least occasionally

• Walk. Lot's of walking the places I go.

Votes: 54 88.5%
  • Bicycling. You ride bikes occasionally.

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Treadmill. You use a treadmill periodically.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Other gym equipment. Anything else. Weights, stair step, etc.

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Swim. Now just floating in the water doesn't count. Must swim.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Fishing. Nice to eat what you catch.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Golf. Chasing a dimply uncooperative little ball around.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Tennis. Hitting the courts for some fun.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Basketball. Ok, I know that's not likely many. But it's our game.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Other sports. Any. Softball, Volleyball. All balls.

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: Just curious to know how many here do any of the listing things when cruising or when just living on their boat.

You can choose as many as you want. List it even if it's something you only do occasionally. If you do it once every 6 months, list it.

What made me think of it was we're going to play tennis tonight and golf tomorrow morning, which we totally suck at golf.

Limited choices really. Didn't see jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, going off on tangents. But seriously, considering the forum, no rowing?

Ted

Limited choices really. Didn't see jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, going off on tangents. But seriously, considering the forum, no rowing?

Ted

Wifey B: Oversight. Put it in other sports, please. Even though it doesn't use balls. I'm sure I've missed other things too.

Wifey B: Walking is what we do best and most regularly. We walk miles just exploring where we've landed. We're not the type to just go walking or jogging (yes I left that one off too...guess it goes on treadmill). But when you're walking to get somewhere or see something it's fun.

We don't have bicycles. Bet we'd be hilarious trying to ride them since we haven't since we were kids.

Treadmill is only when haven't been able to do other stuff. Like 3 days on the boat without being off kind of thing. Rare. We did in NC in the cold of winter. Well, as cold as it got there. Not really cold cold.

Glad to see we're not the only ones who don't touch any other gym stuff.

Love to swim.

We fish occasionally. Not so sure how much exercise it is unless you catch a lot.

Golf. We have a friend now who is golf crazy and we let her corrupt us and talk us into it sometimes.

Tennis and basketball. Yes Yes Yes. Love them both.

Other...Well, beach or water volleyball occasionally I guess. No rowing. Maybe we need a kayak.

Need kayaks and bicycles. :D

Yes, get a kayak! Will take you, or you will take it places you dingy (speed toy) can't.

Ted

Greetings,
Wifey B. You left out maintenance. Depending on the task, it's as much of a workout as I care to expend energy on.

Greetings,
Wifey B. You left out maintenance. Depending on the task, it's as much of a workout as I care to expend energy on.

Wifey B: You're sooooooooooo right. Washing a boat down, waxing if you do that. Carrying batteries. Wow.

I didn't notice a "12 ounce curl" ? Maybe on the next page....

Other than lots of walking & fishing, we recently picked up a couple inflatable stand up paddleboards. They are great for exploring shallow calm water. (still working at getting the dog trained to stay still on board)

We also have surfboards that we sometimes bring along depending on where we are going. (My wife recently learned to surf at the age of 50)

Other than lots of walking & fishing, we recently picked up a couple inflatable stand up paddleboards. They are great for exploring shallow calm water. (still working at getting the dog trained to stay still on board)

We also have surfboards that we sometimes bring along depending on where we are going. (My wife recently learned to surf at the age of 50)

Wifey B: Great. Surfing not for me. You can end up upside down and under water and splashing around and I don't think so. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

You guys definitely giving me some toy ideas with paddleboards and kayaks too.

Wifey B: Just curious to know how many here do any of the listing things when cruising or when just living on their boat.

You can choose as many as you want. List it even if it's something you only do occasionally. If you do it once every 6 months, list it.

What made me think of it was we're going to play tennis tonight and golf tomorrow morning, which we totally suck at golf.

We walk because we have no other transportation to grocery stores, etc. No exercise equipment on board.

Our only other real option on the list is swimming but only if anchored and only if we are not in alligator territory.

Strangely though, our doctor has noticed that when we come back from an extended boat cruise we are in better shape than if we stayed home.

We walk because we have no other transportation to grocery stores, etc. No exercise equipment on board.

Our only other real option on the list is swimming but only if anchored and only if we are not in alligator territory.

Strangely though, our doctor has noticed that when we come back from an extended boat cruise we are in better shape than if we stayed home.

I think, on the whole, as a group, we're more active than most people. The walking is certainly a great part of it. In most places there is other transportation available one way or the other, but most of us still just choose to walk where it's possible.

I noticed something years ago in business in my travels and time spent in NYC. People were in better shape than in other places. Why? Because they walked. Most do not have cars in the city and while buses and trains are readily available, they walk to and from them and often they just walk the entire way.

Wifey B: I specialize in just one of those six you listed. :D

My wife does em all, no sissies allowed in this arena. And she is from the back woods of Kentucky and can shoot too. Right now she is at Parris Is watching family marines do their thing. Golf and tennis you say -- too mundane for that gal.

My wife does em all, no sissies allowed in this arena. And she is from the back woods of Kentucky and can shoot too. Right now she is at Parris Is watching family marines do their thing. Golf and tennis you say -- too mundane for that gal.

Wifey B: This is the list I was talking about being really good at one...

Housework
Gardening
Shopping
Dog washing
Cloths Washing
Cooking

Gaston posted that.

I'm like a pro at the "shopping" bit.

I have done housework, laundry and cooking.

I have never done gardening and dog washing.

I think, on the whole, as a group, we're more active than most people. The walking is certainly a great part of it. In most places there is other transportation available one way or the other, but most of us still just choose to walk where it's possible.............

After much thought, I decided that a few cab trips to and from stores would be cheaper than bicycles and would require no storage space or maintenance. That said, we haven't yet taken a cab. I did buy a folding grocery cart and it's been handy for grocery shopping and carrying laundry.

Many marinas are within a reasonable walking distance of a grocery store and the dollar stores have started carrying some food items.

Wifey B: you left off mousing round TF...

According to Mousotron, I've moused over 19 miles in the last 60 days...

Sounds pretty exhausting.:) That's why I've always used a trackball since they first came out for the Mac and later PCs. First, it's always exactly where I left it. And second, it's comfortable and doesn't tire out one's wrist.

My Galley Wench and I do some bicycling, a fair amount of walking, swimming (though I do more floating with a cold drink).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom