ICW blog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TT54

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Sabreline 36
We left from Maine headed for the Keys on October 15th. I started my blog before we left while we were learning the ropes of our first and only trawler. I was very worried about this trip because we had no experience. We traveled to Oriental, NC with experienced friends in another trawler and then we were on our own. I thank those of you who were very supportive of our trip, it made a difference.

The blog is my way of staying connected with my "land life". I hope that you will stop over and take a peek and if you can leave a note.

Here is the link. trawlerLindaJean.blogspot.com

Will most certainly read it. Thanks for the posting.

I look forward to your comments after reading my blog and looking at some great pictures.

Thanks for posting your blog. We enjoy cruising along with TF bloggers. Nice job.

Thanks for posting. I really enjoy reading about other boaters travels, especially on places I have been or plan to go.

The one thing I dislike about "blogs" is that the latest post is always at the top so it's difficult to read a trip in the order it was taken. I know that's not your fault, it's just the way blogs seem to work.

Great blog and trip. You are now seasoned cruisers.:thumb:

I know what you mean about reading the blog in a different order than it was written. When we left Maine we had the Northern Waterway Guide which interesting enough is written south to north. I had a heck of a time learning my way around the guide but trying to go south while it was going north was, well let's say Challenging!

Thanks for posting. I really enjoy reading about other boaters travels, especially on places I have been or plan to go.

The one thing I dislike about "blogs" is that the latest post is always at the top so it's difficult to read a trip in the order it was taken. I know that's not your fault, it's just the way blogs seem to work.

Wifey B: Oh...oh....oh......raising hand....being a smart..s....had you ever thought about starting at the bottom? :D

Wifey B: Oh...oh....oh......raising hand....being a smart..s....had you ever thought about starting at the bottom? :D

Well, you have to go back several pages with the "Previous Posts" button and then you have to read top to bottom of one day's travel, then scroll up to the next day's travel, etc., then when you're through with that page, hit the button for "Newer Posts" and repeat. It's a PITA. One would never consider writing a book that way but as I recall, One episode of the Jerry Seinfeld show was done that way.

But to answer your question, Yes, I have thought about starting at the bottom (as I described above).

My original point was, it's a shame there's not an option to have "blogs" read in the order posted rather than the latest on top. I suppose technically, it would no longer be a "blog" but I don't care what it's called.

I know what you mean about reading the blog in a different order than it was written. When we left Maine we had the Northern Waterway Guide which interesting enough is written south to north. I had a heck of a time learning my way around the guide but trying to go south while it was going north was, well let's say Challenging!

Yes, but it will be easy when it's time to go back. ;)

I suppose we all have that problem. It's either in order for where you're going or when you return.

I am attempting to read the blog but it is not coming up for me. Any suggestions?
John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom