Old 12-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Wow. Impressive!

Did you have to show a receipt?
Having dealt with such claims in other industries, I can confirm they don't require receipts as we didn't. It's not reasonable to expect receipts from items years old. We did require the item to be returned which they don't appear to. Now, the risk is someone who goes around finding dumped and discarded units and turning them in for new ones. The way they control that is tracking and they do it by name, phone and address. We had items with lifetime unlimited warranty. We had very little abuse. However, we occasionally would get an alert when trying to process a return. We'd then notify that person that this would be the last one and if they were uncomfortable with that we understood them not buying more of our product. I knew a Jeans company with a very liberal warranty. In one small town of Oklahoma there was a family that went around buying your discarded, worn out jeans. They exchanged those for new which they then sold. However, they were caught.

It's like retail stores with very liberal refund policies. The vast majority enter the information and track customers and that 0.1% that badly abuses gets stopped.

I applaud still companies like Taylor who do stand behind their word. There are other companies who look for loopholes they wrote into their policy to deny claims.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote