33 lb Rocna Vulcan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiDHo

Guru
Any Manatee's that have used this anchor on the stock pulpit rollers, I,m interested in possible buying one, IF it would fit. Photos please if you have fitted one.

You can print out a profile of the anchor on the Rocna website. Tape it to a piece of cardboard or foam core, cut it out and try the fit.

As a general rule the Rocna don't fit well when they come up through a pulpit like yours does. Of course Danforth style anchors don't either and you're already living with that.

I suggest a non rollbar anchor like the Vulcan or Spade for your set up.

If you decide to buy one of the anchors mentioned, I'd love the chance to supply it.

Is your present anchor not performing or do you just want something new?

monday.gif

RT don't get up.

I'll let you know when it's over. Unless I get bit by the spider.

The 45 lb CQR has been my main anchor for a long, long time, but the new type anchors have proven themselves to be superior in real world use, so I'm thinking of changing out the CQR. I removed and sold the CQR knockoff on the other side of the pulpit and replaced it with a Fortress which is a great backup anchor.
I will check out the website Hopcar and get back with you if it looks like it would fit. I'm hoping the Vulcan shank would work, I know the original Rocna shank would not fit thru the Manatee's rollers.
Thanks for the information.
Disclaimer: Any discussions of the merits of the above mentioned anchors will fall on the deaf ears of the parties concerned and most likely the readers of this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_4845.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 110
Bill: You may recall the Manatee "Fat Chance" which was a prolific user of Rocna anchors for yearly trips to the Bahamas. He began with a 44 lb. and sized-up to a something over 50 lb.. Both anchors fit well with no issues on the old rollers and pulpit. The new owner of the boat is Mike and Dotty (renamed "Cool Beans") and is a member of this forum, but I'm not sure how often they monitor it. They have kept the big anchor on the boat. I think the project blog of "Fat Chance" is still accessible on the net. I'll PM you with the contact info for Mike and Dotty aboard Cool Beans.

Bill: You may recall the Manatee "Fat Chance" which was a prolific user of Rocna anchors for yearly trips to the Bahamas. He began with a 44 lb. and sized-up to a something over 50 lb.. Both anchors fit well with no issues on the old rollers and pulpit. The new owner of the boat is Mike and Dotty (renamed "Cool Beans") and is a member of this forum, but I'm not sure how often they monitor it. They have kept the big anchor on the boat....
Cool Beans is around, he posted today,a PM should work.

I don't care if it holds or not, that Vulcan anchor is the coolest looking anchor out there.
Who knew space ships carried anchors?

If it fits I definitely suggest getting one. I am very impressed with the setting abilities of the Vulcan in GOM bottom conditions.

I don't care if it holds or not, that Vulcan anchor is the coolest looking anchor out there.
Who knew space ships carried anchors?

Give the Ultra credit where it's due.

Ok, credit to the Ultra, a very pretty anchor.

Raredoin, GOM is that grass, oil and mud ? I thought BP took care of the oil.

I get it, it`s a joke about the identity of the Pearl Harbour attackers, who without declaring war sank numerous US ships and killed many US Sailors in a sneak attack, and it`s based on lines from a movie.
Now I get it, it`s so funny!
The same attackers shelled Sydney from sea, attacked ships in Sydney Harbor using mini submarines, and bombed Darwin (in northern Australia) multiple times. Sidesplitting humor!

We installed a 20 Kg Rocna on Summertime and it has worked great. It fits nicely as well. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1449923953.210820.jpg

The same attackers shelled Sydney from sea, attacked ships in Sydney Harbor using mini submarines, and bombed Darwin (in northern Australia) multiple times. Sidesplitting humor!

Bruce, you too suffer the curse of real world memories and being able to read, in this PC age, about past evil doers.

Thanks Wally, just the type of information I was looking for and it looks like you really use your anchor. I printed the diagrams Rocna has available on the web site for the Vulcan and standard Rocna and did a test yesterday. Both model 15 and 20 Rocna Vulcan's will work on the Manatee's pulpit (see photos), I plan on replacing my trusty old 45 lb CQR with the model 20 Vulcan which is 44 lbs and should be plenty of anchor for the Manatee.
Bill :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_5067.JPG
    IMG_5067.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5066.JPG
    IMG_5066.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 89
What!? ...no stainless steel?

Now that's a proper looking hook, Bill, and as soon as you testify how infalable it is in action, I might do the same thing myself! Looks good and even appears as though you could fit another one next to it! Should I go with double side-by-side SS just for the looks?

Just don't say the a____ word Larry.
Stainless is so bling but powder coated red and green might start a new trend and a new thread.
Still trying to figure out a better way to house the Fortress which might end up back in the pilothouse locker if the Rocna turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom