PMs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I may. Relating to much on this thread.

This is my comment on such a great statement from Da Vinci... with Nickair's posts often reminding us of its clear importance!
from bottom of Nickair posts... on TF

"Simplicity, is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo Da Vinci"

End [/QUOTE]

I say, truer words were never spoken.

This is one reason why all the deep, ongoing, and much unnecessary changes/alterations in communication procedures are bothersome and so very un sophisticated. The other main reason for un sophistication in these many instances is unrelenting marketing hype for reasons of never-ending sales to create "throw away products" cash flow.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, while first we practice to deceive!"[/QUOTE]

Being the Third generation of boaters. My Grandfather, in his early eighties, believed in a big enough boat to live on with the least systems possible. His common joke was, "Cedar Bucket." Enjoy the boat rather than repairing it. And that was in the wood boat era.
Most modern boaters are needing an explanation as it has been many decades since the cedar bucket is what the plumbing replaced. :)

from bottom of Nickair posts... on TF

"Simplicity, is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo Da Vinci"

End

I say, truer words were never spoken.

This is one reason why all the deep, ongoing, and much unnecessary changes/alterations in communication procedures are bothersome and so very un sophisticated. The other main reason for un sophistication in these many instances is unrelenting marketing hype for reasons of never-ending sales to create "throw away products" cash flow.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, while first we practice to deceive!"[/QUOTE]

Being the Third generation of boaters. My Grandfather, in his early eighties, believed in a big enough boat to live on with the least systems possible. His common joke was, "Cedar Bucket." Enjoy the boat rather than repairing it. And that was in the wood boat era.
Most modern boaters are needing an explanation as it has been many decades since the cedar bucket is what the plumbing replaced. :)[/QUOTE]

That is prime reason why we own a 1977 Tollycraft - Boat simplicity, yet with relatively modern conveniences. She is built extremely well and we keep her pretty much as original. "Simple Is As Simple Does"

Quote "That is prime reason why we own a 1977 Tollycraft - Boat simplicity, yet with relatively modern conveniences. She is built extremely well and we keep her pretty much as original. "Simple Is As Simple Does"

Art, I like the Tollycrafts of the 70's too. I also like your appreciation of a well built, simple boat. That combination creates a usable long term boat. Who would not want that. More time to enjoy and less time adding, maintaining, repairing and replacing and upgrading every system. You are ahead of many in understanding less is more.

I am guilty of buying into systems! Although resist as much as I can get away with. I appreciate radar and gps chart plotting, although I don't need it. Charts and standard navigation still works.

Old commercial boats were simple, strong and worked in open ocean every day. We all go back to basics when things quit working anyway, whether it is on our boat or in real life.

Quote "That is prime reason why we own a 1977 Tollycraft - Boat simplicity, yet with relatively modern conveniences. She is built extremely well and we keep her pretty much as original. "Simple Is As Simple Does"

Art, I like the Tollycrafts of the 70's too. I also like your appreciation of a well built, simple boat. That combination creates a usable long term boat. Who would not want that. More time to enjoy and less time adding, maintaining, repairing and replacing and upgrading every system. You are ahead of many in understanding less is more.

I am guilty of buying into systems! Although resist as much as I can get away with. I appreciate radar and gps chart plotting, although I don't need it. Charts and standard navigation still works.

Old commercial boats were simple, strong and worked in open ocean every day. We all go back to basics when things quit working anyway, whether it is on our boat or in real life.

"... less is more."

One of my wife's favorite slogans - works well for us in many life instances.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom