Brookings, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coyote454

Vessel Name
Stargazer
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
Fuel on June 17, 2008 in Brookings was $4.79 a gallon.* I was surprised to see that gas was ten cents more than diesel, but that may have something to do with road taxes.

Curious though, when I flipped on my Garmin 440s to see where fuel was available, the nearest available fuel was shown to be down in the Bay Area.* What the heck.....they've had fuel in Brookings for years, so anyone traveling along Southern Oregon can certainly navigate over the 'safest*bar in Oregon' to replenish themselves, as well as their vessel.
biggrin.gif

Mike Wiley
34' CHB
ChristyLee
Brookings, Oregon

Gas has ALWAYS been more expensive down here until about 4 months ago. The slippery/silver tounged devils that sell that stuff will be more than happy to tell you why it cost more now.* There is no road tax on marine diesel(hence it's color) which is why it has been cheaper in the past.* BUT, in our society of "let's see how badly we can screw 'em", they jack up the prices.*Makes me wanna puke!!!!

-- Edited by Baker at 01:18, 2008-06-18

John, don't try and sugar-coat it.* How do you REALLY feel about those slippery/silver tounged devils?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mike

coyote454 wrote:

John, don't try and sugar-coat it.* How do you REALLY feel about those slippery/silver tounged devils?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mike
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif