Aloha to All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subpilot

Just a quick note to say Hello. :) - Past boat owner, but hoping to get back in the saddle soon. Still own a slip but renting it out for now.

Business keeps me too busy to keep up with boat maintenance. Have worked at sea since 1990 and still work at sea. Present line of work is in Control Systems & Automation of Very Large Marine Electrical Propulsion (up to 24 MW per shaft).

Enjoy reading the posts. Aloha!

Welcome to the forum!

Ted

Welcome aboard

Just a quick note to say Hello. :) - Past boat owner, but hoping to get back in the saddle soon. Still own a slip but renting it out for now.

Business keeps me too busy to keep up with boat maintenance. Have worked at sea since 1990 and still work at sea. Present line of work is in Control Systems & Automation of Very Large Marine Electrical Propulsion (up to 24 MW per shaft).

Enjoy reading the posts. Aloha!

Welcome to the forum. I hope I never 'run into you' in your current role. My ship is no match for 32000 HP per shaft. Sure does qualify as 'very large'
Care to help me understand Marine Electrical Propulsion? Is this generation of electricity from some fuel(fission?) where this electricity then powers a motor for propulsion?
I look forward to your posts...should be interesting given your current gig.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom