Insurance Referance Monk 36 in ME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joncon

I think I bought a 1985 Monk 36 :) deal accepted close in a few weeks
Will be on hard stored indoors in ME until next May 2016 then get her ready to start the Loop
Need a good insurance company reference
Any help appreciated
TIA
joncon

I think I bought a 1985 Monk 36 :) deal accepted close in a few weeks
Will be on hard stored indoors in ME until next May 2016 then get her ready to start the Loop
Need a good insurance company reference
Any help appreciated
TIA
joncon

Congratulations on the boat anf your first post in 5 years! Hope the second post comes sooner. ;)

Ted

Belated Welcome aboard.
Go to the SEARCH field, click on the little down arrow and select Advanced Search. Type in INSURANCE in the Keyword(s) field. Right below that select "Search Titles Only". Then at the bottom of the page select Search Now. There are several good recent discussions there.

Last edited:
You're gonna love your Monk!!!

Pau Hana is one of our Trawler Forum regulars who is an insurance agent. Check with him.

Thank Yawl, yes Slow Hand been lurking for years... the knowledge I've gained from this terrific site & members has helped me thru 2 boat purchases & sales over the last 5 years... now onto the Monk which I believe will be my end of lifeboat and she's a Peach!
I'll look up Pau Hana Tucker his posts are always are great.

I am insured here in Maine by AIG private Client Group. Prior to that I was covered by Ace Inamar. Both seem OK so far. AIG is cheaper. The major policy difference are that fuel spill liability is included with general liability with AIG while it was separate with ACE. On the other hand storm coverage is better through AIG. AIG pays the full cost of haulout for a storm while ACE paid half for named storms. I haven't used either though.

I am an independent agent in Louisiana and Mississippi. I can't help you up there but I can tell you Foremost does a good job with older boats. You might also try Sea Tow they have a captive company called Sea Insure that does a good job for members of Sea Tow.

I am an independent agent in Louisiana and Mississippi. I can't help you up there but I can tell you Foremost does a good job with older boats. You might also try Sea Tow they have a captive company called Sea Insure that does a good job for members of Sea Tow.

Respectfully, I must disagree with respect to Foremost. Their watercraft policy (last time I read it) was not strong, and didn't offer/have pollution coverage, wreck removal, or agreed value coverages.

Foremost has three different levels of yacht policy. Anything from just basic to max coverage.

Dawn Speros with Gowrie in Newport RI and CT. Great, proactive service both in getting you the right insurance, having it properly updated, and helping with claims. 860 399 3653 or 203 645 2100. Excellent support staff too. We have been very happy customers for 8 years now, highest recommendation.

Pau Hana is one of our Trawler Forum regulars who is an insurance agent. Check with him.

Pau Hana (Peter) has taken great care of us insuring our boat. He is easy to work with, he knows his stuff and he is a nice guy... our boat is far away from him in Maine and that was no problem.

Pau Hana (Peter) has taken great care of us insuring our boat. He is easy to work with, he knows his stuff and he is a nice guy... our boat is far away from him in Maine and that was no problem.

X2 for Peter - we are in Florida and he beat the other quotes we had with better coverage. Very easy to work with as well. Highly Recommend! :thumb:

John

Deals done close Tuesday very pleased for she will do well for our Loop plans;
How's this for a comfort sette;

5147389_20150708111444524_10_XLARGE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom