Another Dutchie.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscar

Guru
Vessel Name
Lady Kay V
Vessel Make
1978 Hatteras 53MY
Well, sort of. The first 25 years in Holland, the last 33 in USA. Captain for major US airline. Lifelong sailor, although I've been without for about 5 years now. Last boat was a Catalina 42 which we put 6000 miles on in four years...But, with kids in school, time and money were better spent, so the boat went away.

Now there's light at the end of the tunnel again. Within a year we'll be semi-empty nesters, and it's time to get back on the water. But, as you can surmise from my being here, the days of cold wet cockpits are OVER.

Comfort, space are now high on the list. A heated/cooled "bridge" with a comfortable helm seat, thank you.

So, I get to enter that blissful period of hours spent on layovers surfing Yachtworld. Depending on budget 42+ feet, maybe 50+. Preferably twin screw, displacement hull.

Two, maybe three cabins. Master head, guest head. And, this is important: GALLEY UP, with as close to a full view of the horizon as possible, and feet from the helm. My lovely bride loves to come along, but doesn't participate in running the boat much. Also, I am the chef of the house, so I have to be able to stand watch whilst working the sautee pan.

So far I have identified the GB 42/49 classics as filling that requirement. I am asking for suggestions for other models that will do this for me. There's a few power cats that would work in that respect, but they have some downsides that are too great for me, not the least of which is their looks.

Thanks!

(Maybe we need a Dutch forum here? ;-) )

Last edited:
Kadey Krogen 48

Welcome to Trawler Forum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom