C & L Boatworks?? marine??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erikj

Vessel Name
Amor Fati
Vessel Make
1977 C&L Double Cabin 37'
I'm looking at a C&L brand trawler. It's a 1977 my at 37' with twin 120's.

Any feedback on this brand?

I've seen a few similar types listed as C&L but don't know anything else. Some lost as C&L Boatworks and some as C&L Marine.

Any comments are appreciated.

I'm looking at a C&L brand trawler. It's a 1977 my at 37' with twin 120's.

Any feedback on this brand?

I've seen a few similar types listed as C&L but don't know anything else. Some lost as C&L Boatworks and some as C&L Marine.

Any comments are appreciated.

Just did a survey on a C&L 37' trawler. Bottom had more blisters, and much larger, than I was expecting. Good news is that there's a bunch of roving in the layup, not just mass chopper gun mat.

I'll have more info when the deal is finalized.

Just did a survey on a C&L 37' trawler. Bottom had more blisters, and much larger, than I was expecting. Good news is that there's a bunch of roving in the layup, not just mass chopper gun mat.

I'll have more info when the deal is finalized.

I am trying to understand this part of your comment here:
Good news is that there's a bunch of roving in the layup, not just mass chopper gun mat.
I am looking at a boat by this builder and cannot find much on construction type for the hull and deck. Apparently this yard built boats in the early to mid 80s branded Sea Ranger, Comfort, and perhaps others. Later the same yard was building for OA and throughout all of this seemed to often be using Ed Monk or Ed Monk Jr. as designers.
I am guessing this is solid glass as the boat I am looking at is only 38' in length and 12.5' beam yet displaces 36K. Drive train not real heavy.
Any insight into how these hulls and decks were put together?
Anything out of the ordinary to be afraid of with this builder?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom