Clicking links from Trawlerforum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
When I click a url link on the forum, it opens in the same window as TF and takes me away from the site. *It would be much easier if, when one clicks on a link, a new window opens for that link so that the user remains in the TF site. *Often times adjusting this is just a matter of changing the options as admin. *Is it possible to look into this so as to make sure I remain a 110% satisfied customer and no refund of my membership dues will be necessary??? *

smile.gif

Any way it can be defaulted to the on position? I don't see why you would EVER want it to open in the same window.

RTF, you mean you want me to THINK as I click on a link??? haha

Gonzo- usually it can be set up for links to open in their own window with a few clicks of the default settings.
Obviously, it is not a big deal but would make forum navigation easier and would not drive people literally away from the forums. :)

Until I get a chance to look under the hood, on ANY site, if you hold the shift key while clicking it will ALWAYS open in a new window.

Baker wrote:

Until I get a chance to look under the hood, on ANY site, if you hold the shift key while clicking it will ALWAYS open in a new window.

that's only true for those still in the "dark ages" using a PC. *
biggrin.gif
Us Mac users have to hold down the "command" key for the same result. *
smile.gif

Ah yes....a sheeple bowing down to the empire that is Apple....;)

Baker wrote:

Ah yes....a sheeple bowing down to the empire that is Apple....;)

haha. *hmmm.....i'm not the one needing anti-virus and having my computer crashing and always slow. *
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom