Washington State TF members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Capt. Jeff- Plz keep me updatted, I will plan on being there. Sorry about not getting back to you for for cup of coffee, been swamped with family and traveling over Thanksgiving, and now getting ready to head over to Hawaii for Xmass.
Rob and Anne Hays
"Lady Anne"

How about meeting at Jeff's boat place Sunday 11 AM January *23rd??? Jeff, would this work for you?

I would like to be in on a morning meet at fish term. It sounds like a great idea.

Like others have already said, itd be great to put some faces to the many folks Ive been talking to over the years on this and other sites. Fishermans terminal would be great for us and I like the idea of an AM M&G. I think the Admiral and I are going to the Boat show so we should be in town for the whole day. We're down in Gig Harbor and still have a couple years before we pull anchor (from work) and get free enough to make it up to Anacortes.

Well, it sounds to me like an A.M. meet and greet during the boat show works best for most folks.* I'm open as to what day, so anyone have any strong feelings on what day would be best?* ................Arctic Traveller

I will be there on saturday the 22nd of jan.

SD

Saturday is good for me

I'm in town Sunday 23rd*and Monday 24th , arriving late Saturday 22nd. Jeff, I take it you are around for a few days too - boat sitting on the Westport?

We're onboard Gray Hawk in Elliott Bay marina and will be here until we get up the nerve to take her to Sidney.* If anybody is in the area, Bravo-46 is our slip.* I'm hoping we won't still be here by the end of January but if we are then we'd love to join the meet and greet.

I think I'll be down there looking at boats. The Salmon Bay Cafe is my favorite spot in NW Seattle but I think I can drag myself across the tracks for you guys. I would like an option on another surveyor for FG boats too. I used to do the show during the week to avoid the crowds but as I recall week days are crowded now too * * ...like the freeways at night. I'll prolly be there for the week of 21st to the 28th. I'm so fussy I'm sure I will have seen all the boats i'll care to see in a week. May drive up to BC too.

Eric- I will look foreward to seeing you again at the M&G w/ Capt. Jeff. Anne won't be able to make 'caue of her business back in Alaska @ that time. If you head up towards BC you know that you have a place to stay in La Conner.

Rob and Anne
"Lady Anne"
La Conner. Wa.

Rob,Thanks very much Rob. That's a wonderful offer. I'll probably be a little boaty in the head but then that can't be all bad. I'm looking at the ferry again. I'll keep you posted and promise not to be a surprise drifter at the door.

Eric

I'm off for a few days of camping, so when I get back, hopefully a few more folks will chime in with a prefered day.* Perhaps I can ask, is the weekend a better choice, or would a week day work better for most people?* I'm guessing weekend, and if so, I'm also guessing Sat would be the better choice but as I said, I'm open.* It's up to you folks....................Arctic Traveller

Sat/Sun works best for me (Two more years at this job and then I can do weekdays pretty much anywhere!)

I'm at the show on 23rd Sunday - 24th Monday. However, majority rules.

sunchaser wrote:

I'm at the show on 23rd Sunday - 24th Monday. However, majority rules.
My flight to the Greatland doesn't leave till 6:30 sunday.
*so I will be around on sunday also.

SD

At this point I'm thinking that Sunday the 23rd will work best for most folks.* So,* unless I hear a majority of folks ask for a different date, lets plan to get together on Sunday morning starting at about 10am.* I'll provide coffee and breakfast treats, you simply show up.* If you think you can make it, let me know so I can get an idea of how many goodies to buy.* The boat is easy to find at Fisherman's Terminal in Seattle.* It's located at the end of float 7, directly behind the harbormasters office and Chinooks seafood restaurant.* I'm looking forward to meeting some of you...............Arctic Traveller

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 12:05:58 PM

I'll be out of town weekend of the 23rd-24th, but will probably go the following Friday if anybody can't make the earlier meeting.

And I'm always up for anything going on in Anacortes.

Chris Foster wrote:

And I'm always up for anything going on in Anacortes.

Chris, it seems there are a few of us in Anacortes at the moment.* Why don't you put something together? Even something as simple as coffee would be good.......Arctic Traveller

Next week is the Seattle Boat Show.* Is there going to get a get together?* I plan on*being my wife the*admiral/owner.**

Those of you that can not make the get together, I would still like to meet you.* May be have two get together at a restaurants.

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Sunday 16th of January 2011 11:05:50 AM

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Sunday 16th of January 2011 02:51:26 PM

Phil Fill wrote

Next week is the Seattle Boat Show.Is there going to get a get together?* I plan on being my wife the*admiral/owner.*

Those of you that can not make the get together, I would still like to meet you.* May be have two get together at a restaurants.

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Sunday 16th of January 2011 11:05:50 AM
PhilYou don't need to be your wife. You could just bring her along.*
smile.gif

Arctic Traveller wrote:

At this point I'm thinking that Sunday the 23rd will work best for most folks.* So,* unless I hear a majority of folks ask for a different date, lets plan to get together on Sunday morning starting at about 10am.* I'll provide coffee and breakfast treats, you simply show up.* If you think you can make it, let me know so I can get an idea of how many goodies to buy.* The boat is easy to find at Fisherman's Terminal in Seattle.* It's located at the end of float 7, directly behind the harbormasters office and Chinooks seafood restaurant.* I'm looking forward to meeting some of you...............Arctic Traveller

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 12:05:58 PM
Yup Phill, I'll be there, who else is planning on coming?

Carey wrote:PhilYou don't need to be your wife. You could just bring her along.*
smile.gif

LOL ( I'll bet 99% of the Forum had the same thought.)

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Sunday 16th of January 2011 01:36:37 PM

Oops one of my slips again, and I tried so hard.*
cry.gif
hmm.gif
disbelief.gif
** Certainly, not the first and probable will not be the last.* *Oh, well my wife will be coming.**

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Sunday 16th of January 2011 03:07:31 PM

Well I don't have any boats to look at right now and other needs to go south have evaporated so I won't be there. I have jury duty, so does Chris, I think I could get off due to my advanced age but she would need to take care of the boat while I was gone and all other things ect ect ect. I can only hope we have another gathering in the spring. Most are quite local so I see that as happening. Cheers to all and have a very good time.

My wife and I will be*at "your" boat Jeff on 23rd Sunday AM

Sunday the 23 sounds good to me.

*I'll stop by. 10:00 Am you say.*

SD

As an FYI to WA state boaters, the Coast Guard is now enforcing WA state registration.* Meaning if you haven't paid the state the sales tax on a vessel purchased out of state, or registered with them so you have the honor of paying the 1/2 of 1% on the value of your boat each year, the next time you are stopped for a 'courtesy inspection' by the Coasties, they'll give you a citation.

That is one of the reasons we keep our US flagged vessel in BC. No annual boat tax.

Reasonable.* What surprised me was that the Coasties were the point of the spear on enforcement of a state tax.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom