Old 10-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #20
JDCAVE
Guru

City: North Vancouver
Vessel Name: Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolena View Post
Stout is an amazing boat, IMHO, and worth much more than the sum of her parts. That said, another issue aside from those already mentioned here is financing. I assume that due to her age there are few if any banks that would consider giving a loan on the boat, and the fact is that there are not many people who are able to simply cut a check for close to $300k (and those who are able to do so may very likely be looking at newer boats). That also shortens the potential buyer pool. Also, I think most people do searches on Yachtworld based on criteria, including price, and if someone is searching for a 1985 boat, they may very well have put the search price much lower. All this said, for someone Stout is going to be a very, very nice boat.

The KK42 market is a tight one. I met a fellow who was actively looking for 5 years with one failed offer before settling on a private sale. He looked at a lot of boats over that time. When the really good ones come up they go for near what the current owner is asking: these were both 1998 models and the people who bought them knew the owner and how these vessels were cared for. The knowledgeable buyers of these boats have a clear idea of what they want and are willing to wait for the right boat.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
JDCAVE is online now   Reply With Quote