How far do you live from your Boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnP

Guru
Vessel Name
V E N T U R E
Vessel Make
1996 36' Island Gypsy Classic
If zero miles I assume you live aboard.*** Otherwise you can answer in, miles, feet, inches, or the metric equivalent.** We live about*15 miles inland from our slip.*

We feel pretty close but wonder if most folks are closer.

-- Edited by JohnP on Monday 17th of January 2011 07:53:30 AM

8 miles for me.

I feel kind of Dumb- having put this in the wrong place!* Hope I will be forgiven

I've lived as close as 3 blocks, 15 minutes and now 45 minutes, about 34 miles. The boat is still in the same place, my home has moved. Since I retired though, it doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Hiya,
** Mr. JohnP.* Not the wrong place at all.* No matter how close or far we all have to navigate to arrive.* Used to be 50'.* Now seems like 50 light years.* Like Mr. 2bucks I moved.

RT Firefly wrote:

Hiya,
** Mr. JohnP.* Not the wrong place at all.* No matter how close or far we all have to navigate to arrive.* Used to be 50'.* Now seems like 50 light years.* Like Mr. 2bucks I moved.
********* Hi, I appreciate and get your point,* but my boat is not in the wrong place, I dumbly posted this inquiry in the wrong place on this forum.** Thanks JohnP

Larry M wrote:

JohnP wrote:

I feel kind of Dumb- having put this in the wrong place!* Hope I will be forgiven
Don't worry about it.* It happens to us all.* I think they call it "cruise timers".

Good One!

JohnP wrote:

If zero miles I assume you live aboard.*** Otherwise you can answer in, miles, feet, inches, or the metric equivalent.** We live about 8 miles inland from our slip.*
We live 90 miles from our boat.* We go up to it almost every weekend year round.

Approx 500 miles, but I*will move it in the spring to the Chesapeake.* It will still*be 500 miles.* Have another boat 8 miles from home.*

We live 82 miles from our boat. I check on the boat at least once per week. We cruise at least twice per month year 'round.

Ray

Old Stone wrote:

For the past ten years living alone, right on board, but this year needed to get lots of stuff done at the land base in prep for the spring, which hopefully, will start the long range cruising for phase two of this journey of life. Land base is less than 5 miles, and am moving that to be less than a 3 minute walk from the house. Life was much less complicated when there was only one soul in the equation, but much more interesting when there are two. Huh? Bet I'm in trouble now!

-- Edited by Old Stone on Friday 14th of January 2011 08:09:14 PM
Nope- You are not in trouble, just proving some complications are worth it!

It'll probably be 16 miles (25 minutes), plus a $5 bridge toll.

3 hours 15 minutes, winter. 0 hours 0 minutes the rest of the time.

We are about 75 miles from the boat, it takes about 1 1/2 hours to drive; stoplights. Usually go every weekend from March- November, the winter stretches to 2 weeks.It has been this way for about 30 years, makes me wish we had moved closer to the water when we were younger, granted 70 miles is a bit closer than the 500 for Moonstruck and the 1400 for Surveyor 1.

20 minutes, provided you don't have to wait too long at the bridge over the Reach due to repairs or painting.

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 28
There is starting to be a suspicion that Surveyor I and I are in the minority as far as location to the boat.* For*anyone interested, this is how I use the boat.* For 6 years I had a boat 1 1/2 hrs. away*on the NC coast for cruising from Charleston to the Chesapeake and fishing around the Outer Banks.

Relocated because of business and had*a*boat about 30 minutes away for about 10 years.* When the kids went off to*college, we put a boat at Orange Beach, ALfor fishing*about 6 hours away.* This was for about 10 years.* Then as I could take more time from the business, we decided to get back into cruising and seeing other places.* Now, my boat may be in South Florida, SC, somewhere on the Chesapeake or any other place I decide to leave it.

When aboard, we cruise it almost constantly exploring the Keys, Bahamas, Bays, or anywhere in between.* Because of worrying about*huricanes, the Blackfin was brougt back from the coast, and is about 12 minutes from home.*

Less than a mile. The marina is in our development. One of the reasons we retired here.

Hey Bill,Are you making a statement that you prefer brunets?

I'd say about 1/2 mile or 6 to 8 city blocks. It's an easy walk up or down a slight hill but I don't want to do it this morning. It warmed up to 20 degrees and lots of snow so i don't want to go down there today. Report is snow for the next few days. I do like being close but want to get a slip on the other side of the island. Then it would be 34 mi at 50mph. No stop signs and no stop lights.

Five to ten minutes depending on traffic.

110 miles from the house to the boat which is 2 hours and 15 minutes give or take 30 seconds.* About 50% of the time in winter months*0 miles for me and 110 for the Admiral. This changes to about 85% of the time in the summer to*0 for me and the dog*but remains at 110 for the Admiral.

Man... You guys SUCK! 150 miles at almost 3 hours when I drive... 2.5 when The Carbon Wife Unit drives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom