Color??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
what is the color of the gelcoat/paint .. I have a 1983 36 Albin ...
thank s

Color??

Is not much of a clue as to what the thread's about.

But now that I'm here go to your a paint store and get a sack full of off-white color patches and hold them up to the hull.
I had an Albin 25 and assumed her topsides were gel coat untill I asked someone to buff hur out. Shocked when I found she was painted.

I don't mean to sound argumentative and I hope someone has some info helpful to you, but how are we to know the color of your 32 year old boat? Boats colors change with time; owners repaint, gelcoat and paint fades, manufacturers use different colors, etc.

I'd be cautious in accepting anyone's suggestion that your boat is ______ color, especially if they have not personally seen, compared or tested the color on your specific boat.

Dear sir
I would not think that you or anyone would know what color of a 32 years old boat ... If I can get idea of maybe the original color of what they gel coated/ painted I could get a starting point .... Thank you

Gel coat Color changes with the environment it is in, the amount of sun it gets and what products were used over the years on her finish. It is safe to say that a boat is like a women. Each are unique.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom