1994 42' Ocean Alexander 423 Classico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rmatics

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Open Gate II
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 423 Classico
We just acquired a 1994 OA 423 Classico. She is currently being fitted with satellite tv and washer/dryer combo. Eventually we hope to cruise from Newport Beach California to possibly as far as Alaska. For now we are learning navigation and mechanics.

Richard and Rebecca

Welcome aboard to fellow OA ers. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new boat!

Ted

Congrats! A month ago I bought your boat's little sister - and OA 38. Good luck.

I liked the OA 423 Classico when I first saw it about twenty years ago. I remember making that observation to a friend who owned a boat store that sold runabouts and go fast cruisers. He didn't get it. I still like the boat today! Congratulations!

The OA 423 Classico (Classicco?) is at the top of our shortlist:) ... Grae

We'll have some soon.

The OA 423 Classico (Classicco?) is at the top of our shortlist:) ... Grae
There were only a few in the US. We found her in Portland and trucked the boat to southern California.

Congrats! They seem like great boats. Definitely a lot to like.

There were only a few in the US. We found her in Portland and trucked the boat to southern California.
As far as we can ascertain there are none here. We would be looking for one in the U.S. to ship back here, probably early 2016.
This plan revolves around currency exchange rates.
We look forward to hearing about your OA experience and some pics.

Welcome aboard! We are your neighbors living in Laguna Beach. 15 months ago we acquired Stormy. The admiral is jealous because Stormy is in Bellingham WA and would love her in Newport. The cruising up north is unbelievable though compared to S Cal. Enjoy your new home. Contact us neighbors...

Not a criticism, just a curiosity...why you chose to truck instead of cruise.
I would have thought Portland to Newport would make a nice shakedown and a captain might have cost less than a land haul.

Welcome aboard :)

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Although initially looking for an Ocean Alexander, we (as you can see) ended up with a slightly smaller Swedish boat (38ft) which we love. Found this one in Nthn Ireland.
We are at present at Whangarei, part way through a month's excursion up to the far north of NZ.

Back
Top Bottom