Old 09-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #74
Bacchus
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorFromRI View Post
My tip (I guess thats what you would call it) is: I really wanted a decent sized workspace, so I took to Craigslist and found an old slightly beat up dining room table for sale for $40 bucks. It had 2 leafs, but he could only find one, so I got him down to $30 lol. I used a jig saw to cut a hole in the leaf so I could flush mount the machine. I can easily remove it when not sewing and its another surface for whatever the project of the day is. It is obviously nowhere near Bacchus' level but it was $30
Great idea! There are lots of LOW cost ways to enhance the sewing work space... I didn't spend a lot on mine - garage sale folding table legs... Habitat ReStore for flush doors and "formica" topping. Craigslist provides lots of opportunities... just need to be creative - I've also seen old wooden desks made into machine "tables"

The addition of an "L" shape (table to the left of machine & operator) makes feeding a lot easier.
The pros have a complete "C" shape w only a small cut out for operator with large table behind - to the left - and ahead of the machine making infeed & outfeed smooth.
Bacchus is online now   Reply With Quote