Source for Yanmar coolant hoses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
"Dragon Lady"
Vessel Make
DeFever 41
I need help in determining the part numbers of the small hoses which carry coolant to and from the turbochargers on my Yanmar 4LH-DTE's. I have a parts book, so it should be easy. Trouble is that the hoses in the book do not look like the hoses on the engines.

I contacted a prominent Yanmar dealer in Ft. Lauderdale. They emailed me a page from their parts book for the 4LHA-DTE - a different engine model to mine, and (again) the hoses did not look like the hoses on the engines. They refuse to address my concerns and 1,500 miles is a long way to ship the wrong hoses.

So, I would appreciate suggestions of an knowledgeable and patient supplier who will reassure me that I am ordering the correct hoses.
Of course, if you are familiar with my engines and know the part numbers by rote, it would really make my day.

Both hoses are 5/8" ID with formed bends. The upper (pic #1) is 8" long and the lower (pics #2 and #3) is Z-shaped and around 24" long.

Attachments

• Turbo top hose.jpg
    Turbo top hose.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Turbo bottom hose-1.jpg
    Turbo bottom hose-1.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Turbo bottom hose-2.jpg
    Turbo bottom hose-2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 137
Shoal,
Take the old Yanmar hose to auto or truck parts houses and see if they can come close to a match up. Sometimes I have trouble w that as the parts guys are lazy enough to only want to deal part numbers. If they are busy they may be justified but at slack times ...........

Or contact Cascade Marine Engines in Seattle WA USA. They are the Yanmar distributors for the PNW. But any quality hose that fits should be fine.

Shoal,
Take the old Yanmar hose to auto or truck parts houses and see if they can come close to a match up .......... any quality hose that fits should be fine.
:thumb:Look for hoses of similar diameter with the bends/straight sections you need and trim off what you don`t need. Often a staffer who knows his stock will quickly find the right one. But, that first hose could be a challenge.

Send the dealer your photos. Book images are often not very representative of shape.

Or take the hoses off and photo them, and send photos.

You might want to see if Yanmar published a parts catalog for your engine...found one for our 4JH2, and it has every part and part number listed.

Thanks for the prompt and helpful responses.

This is a precautionary change of hoses after several years operation. Some fairly soft and spongy rubber elbows were hiding under Yanmar's coating of grey/green paint. I have changed all but these two. I would prefer not to disable the engines during the hurricane season until I get the new hoses. I sent photos to the Ft. L supplier but he chose to ignore them. I do have the parts book for my engines. Unfortunately Yanmar are a little sketchy on the piping to the turbos - they go into miniscule detail on everything else of course! Perhaps a hose-buying trip to Miami is in my future?

Mack Boring was the way to go. They may be a big organization, but their response to a minor parts enquiry couldn't have been better. Jim Turner (Yanmar parts) got back to me within hours and even went so far as to send photos of their hoses to compare with what's on my engines.

Back
Top Bottom