FF gets around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
Was talking to a broker about that NT that has the turbo Yanmar and he says he's looking for the info or answer so we talk a bit more and he says "here it is right here. This guy's talking about the same Yanmar that we have here." He talks a little more and things start to sound a bit more familiar so I ask "who is this guy" He says FF and I wonder (could it be?) and I ask where "this guy" lives and he says New England in the summer and Florida in the winter. I make him read more and sure enuf it's FF. He was'nt on TF though** ..he was on Boat Design. I've been talking about turbocharging there too. Apparently the broker uses Boat Design as an encyclopedia. Says he dosn't post. Sure seemed like a small world when he started quoting FF.

FF is one of the most knowledgeable men on TF. Sometimes you've got to figure out what he's saying, separate the fact from fiction and weigh what we hear from others on the matters. Then we can take into account that he is a man often critisized and rarely critical. Recently he has extended a great deal of what I would call southern hospitality.
Seems like a nice fellow to me and I like many of his opinions and walk around with, quite likely, many of his facts that he's shared and to my advantage. No I won't runn from FF.
Wish he would have participated in whats your boat look like and what do you look like.

Cheers

nomadwilly wrote:

FF is one of the most knowledgeable men on TF. Sometimes you've got to figure out what he's saying, separate the fact from fiction and weigh what we hear from others on the matters. Then we can take into account that he is a man often critisized and rarely critical. Recently he has extended a great deal of what I would call southern hospitality.
Seems like a nice fellow to me and I like many of his opinions and walk around with, quite likely, many of his facts that he's shared and to my advantage. No I won't runn from FF.
Wish he would have participated in whats your boat look like and what do you look like.

Cheers
Eric, I somehow don't think that Chuck was serious.* Sometimes the written word lacks in expression.* Chuck will probably correct me if I'm wrong.* You are right.* FF has a great knowledge of boats and things mechanical.* I hope to stop by for a few minutes when we cross the OWW in the spring.* He promised to teach me the Bronx cheer, and I him the Rebel yell.* Speaking of Rebel Yell, may share a little of that or Gentleman*Jack with him.* They just don't make that stuff up north.

Don:

Unless I'm way off the mark, I think Chuck was serious.

SeaHorse II wrote:

Don:

Unless I'm way off the mark, I think Chuck was serious.
I hope not.* That would be too bad.* Chuck has allot to add also.* I didn't think this was a competition.

I place more credibility with those who openly/honestly identify themselves as opposed to those who hide behind* false identities

nomadwilly wrote:

Cheers

I have followed FF's ruminations for about 10 years, starting back when PMM was in its heyday, and have always found him to be very*knowledgeable and generous in sharing his wisdom. Any folks who have been fortunate to meet him in person also rave about his generosity and southern hospitality. Well said Eric.

I have followed FF's ruminations for about 10 years, starting back when PMM was in its heyday, and have always found him to be very*knowledgeable and generous in sharing his wisdom. Any folks who have been fortunate to meet him in person also rave about his generosity and southern hospitality. Well said Eric.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't know him unless he said "Hi, I'm xxxxxxx, better known as "FF."

-- Edited by markpierce on Friday 7th of January 2011 12:44:54 AM

"Any folks who have been fortunate to meet him in person also rave about his generosity and* hospitality"

I met him "up nort" in the boatyard a few years ago. I agree.

FF' is*very*knowledgeable and generous in sharing his wisdom.*I was*fortunate to meet him in person*at his home in Florida about seven years ago.

His rants will stir an interest and get me to thinking and admiring his wit.

El Sea/LC
St Petersburg FL
44' Thompson

"Suckin Sludge & Havin a Gas"

Yeh, OK Chuck.

Ya know, I always have to read FF posts a couple of times.
But I'll tell you what.**There is some nuggets in there thats for sure.

SD

SD:

I agree!

Well said DUDE.*

And in few words.

I am glad to be allowed to express my opinions , long ago I tried on TT and was booted off .

They were planning on selling the mailing list to a magazine start up,

so a comment like Thank GOD for any other Mfg than PAR for liveaboard FW pumps, needed an apology to the list and PAR!

Fat chance.

Back
Top Bottom