Substitute for Raystar 120?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datenight

Guru
Vessel Name
Datenight
Vessel Make
North Pacific 45
My Raystar 120 WAAS/GPS antenna is unreliable. It only works about half the time or goes in and out while in use. I have been told by a tech that this is common and the fix is a Raystar 125 to the tune of $300.*Since I think it is just an antenna with two leads, would any antenna work?

I am open to suggestions*but will bite the bullet if there is no other choice.

Rob

37' Sedan

A few years ago a tech told me that the 120's problem was that its cache would get full causing it to fail. The solution, he said, was to re boot it by completely removing power for a short time. Not just turning off the breaker but also the battery switch. I have been doing this for years and it has worked for me.

The 120 was problematic from the beginning. You don't need your GPS to fail when you really need it. Replace it with the 125, there is no other alternative for a Raymarine system. Ebay is a good source to save some money. Chuck

I had the same problem and replaced my 120 with a 125 plus from ray marine. Call them, they have a replacement policy that according to their literature is no longer in place, but really is. I paid I believe $225 for my 125 plus. Works great. If you use other than a raymarine sensor you may not be able to connect it via sea talk.

-- Edited by timjet on Monday 13th of June 2011 10:03:38 AM

Thank you everyone for the information. I will check with Raytheon to see if I can get anything out of them. If not it's off to Ebay!

Rob

37' Sedan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom