Looking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roger 361

Vessel Name
At Last
Vessel Make
Heritage East 36
Hello.
My wife and I havet sailed on Galveston Bay for many years including occasional off shore sailing. We are selling our sailboat and looking at trawlers.
We like the OA 423 very much.
Interested in boats approx 10 to 15 years old.
Interested in 36 to 42'
What other boats are similar in low $200,000 range?
We will be coastal and ICW boating.

Welcome to the Trawler Forum! We are currently at the Seabrook marina and if you want to look at a 4788 Bayliner which is in that price range, you are welcome to come look at ours. (It is not for sale)

Welcome to the Forum and best of luck with your search

I like this OA 423 a lot, too. The closest thing I've found is a Mainship 43 with the optional galley down. They seem pretty rare, though. Most of them are three stateroom with a galley up. I'd rather sacrifice the third cabin for a nicer galley, myself.

... if you want to look at a 4788 Bayliner which is in that price range, you are welcome to come look at ours. (It is not for sale)
Great offer. The best way to get familiar with a type of boat is with a knowledgeable owner without someone trying to sell it to you. I had a good look at an NZ built Markline that way, just asked the owner who was happy to.

Welcome, we're in Galveston Yacht Basin so stop by and say hello. I'm on A dock, slip A4 and usually there on the weekend. We're about to put our 43 Gulfstar trawler for sale, but it doesn't meet your requirements in the age area.

What is the advantage of the galley down, less movement?

What is the advantage of the galley down, less movement?

Yes and some like the seperation although mine is down it is still the same room no wall seperation

The advantage for the galley down for us is a much larger salon area. We often have at least 6 to 8 on board so the extra space is key. This allows for a real couch, two recliners, coffee table and so on. Also I can make the secret foods and keep it a secret. The disadvantage of course is not being able to visit while you cook and prepare stuff. We have had both galley up and down. We prefer the down because of the added salon space.

Welcome to the Trawler Forum! We are currently at the Seabrook marina and if you want to look at a 4788 Bayliner which is in that price range, you are welcome to come look at ours. (It is not for sale)
If it were me, I'd take Dimer up on his offer! You won't regret it.

The advantage for the galley down for us is a much larger salon area. We often have at least 6 to 8 on board so the extra space is key. This allows for a real couch, two recliners, coffee table and so on. Also I can make the secret foods and keep it a secret. The disadvantage of course is not being able to visit while you cook and prepare stuff. We have had both galley up and down. We prefer the down because of the added salon space.

Up vs. down is simply personal choice. The space has to come from somewhere. :socool:

It is also based on boat size and overall layout....

Just impractical down on some size ranges and style...others...where would up be? In the pilothouse?

Kinda a tough question.... like many we all struggle with..... without limiting some possibilities....

Not real sure how to reply to invitation to both Seabrook and Galveston.
I mean the typing.
Thank you and I will visit.

Back
Top Bottom