Presents.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rochepoint

Guru
Vessel Name
Roche Point
Vessel Make
1985 Cheer Men PT38 Sedan
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

What did Santa bring your boat this year?Rochepoint was really good in 2010! She got a new 12 volt 22" hdtv/dvd TV, a teak & maple cutting board and a little wiring replacement. Admiral is really happy with the new items (so am I).

Hope everyone has great year of cruising in 2011, maybe we will even get to meet a few of you in our travels.

Steiner 7x50 binoculars.

Fortress Anchor

Capstan

New fwd pilothouse windows

A Kenwood Stereo with an aux jack for our ipod.

A contract...
wink.gif

On my boat....

Not yet....the typical contingencies are pending. Basically sea trial and survey are complete. The only contingency left is the results of the oil sample. I am not expecting any surprises there but who knows. So barring any surprises, it will likely be a done deal by the end of next week.... We will catch our breath financially and be boatless for awhile....and then get right back in. I have owned a "real boat"(ie non-trailerable) since 1994. I have committed to boatlessness many times. My longest period without a boat was approx 4 months. I have caved in in less time many times. Let's see how long we can take it. We have a hard time without a boat...

Baker wrote:

Not yet....the typical contingencies are pending. Basically sea trial and survey are complete. The only contingency left is the results of the oil sample. I am not expecting any surprises there but who knows. So barring any surprises, it will likely be a done deal by the end of next week.... We will catch our breath financially and be boatless for awhile....and then get right back in. I have owned a "real boat"(ie non-trailerable) since 1994. I have committed to boatlessness many times. My longest period without a boat was approx 4 months. I have caved in in less time many times. Let's see how long we can take it. We have a hard time without a boat...

Congrats I hope,* Boatless is hard I usually cave fast, but resist, you will have tons of options

Selling before buying is smart!

John,
I will give you through the 2nd warm/nice/sunny weekend this spring! :)
Hope your deal goes through.

No boat presents under the tree for our trawler but no fear- a steady stream of $$$ is being thrown at her weekly it seems and she and I are spending lots of quality time together. *:)

-- Edited by Woodsong on Saturday 1st of January 2011 09:26:21 PM

Yeah I know. That will definitely be tough!!! Will have to go OPB!!!

John, ready yourself for severe, and I mean severe, withdrawal symptoms. I've been through it 3 times. Are you planning to buy another soon, or trying to kid yourself your boating days are over....? The attempted (doomed to failure) cure differs depending.....

No, my boating days are FAR from over. This is just a temporary thing.

(10) 2x 10 too band saw into new pilot house deck beams.

With our motto,

Every day a holliday , every meal a banquet,

The* 5 new 8x20 bronze opening ports came last Jan. from a shop in Caravelle FL.* and 3 more (matching!) came frim the Dania Flea Market last spring.

It pays to shop around.

-- Edited by FF on Sunday 2nd of January 2011 05:56:07 AM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom