View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #21
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
RE: bridge deck box

Looks like I better defend myself here. You guys are miss'in the whole barn much of the time and spot on frequently too.
JD,
So you not only know IF I'm going to buy another boat but which one it is eh? Well for those that have been following and perhaps others the NT IS at the top of the list but as some of you know I can change my mind fast. A good price on a Lord Nelson w a 4cyl Cummins would set me off**** ....just as an example. Full disp trawlers are soooo far between I take them all very seriously. Right** ..as I recall they all have anchor winches that dump the rode down in the hole. Makes the V berth stink.
Mark,
We buy the boats we buy cause we like'em. I like Eagle 32s and Nordic 32s. But I do remember the last time I was aboard a NT 32 I thought the boat was OK*** ...just OK.
And if I go down to Puget Sound to look at one and repeat that experience that will be it for the Nordic. "I can't "see" Eric moving from a Willard to a Nordic Tug." It's bigger and a bit faster. Most of you won't relate to this (probably) but 7 1/2 knots is a lot faster than 6.15 knots if you have gone 6.15 knots for a long time. I'd really like to go 10-12 but not willing to pay for the fuel. There is an Eagle 32 on Yacht World but it's on the east coast. I clicked on the ship it estimate and it was less than $5K. Could that be?
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote