Happy Canada Day, eh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to the coolest country on the planet. I moved to where I live now for two reasons: to get the hell away from Hawaii and to be as close as possible to British Columbia. Canada has a lot to be proud of and deservedly so.

Oh...we've got our past and current issues to deal with, but you won't get too much of an argument out of me.

We just got back from 2 weeks in New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia. Fabulous as always, the people as well as the scenery.

Did a road trip last month to glacier country in eastern BC and western Alberta. Got lots of practice multiplying by 0.6. Beautiful country and nice people, but COL is even higher than high-cost California, at least as far as food, hotels, and gasoline go.

Greetings,
Mr. mp. COL could be higher but what about the free health care?

Didn't receive any free health care there. Is it available to tourists? But we're departing from the subject of Canada's independence.

Aussies love Canada, lots in common. I`ve visited several times, including cycling on PEI, in the hills behind Montreal, plus visiting Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver Isl. Montreal, Quebec City etc, the usual tourist spots. The people were great. Even saw an Aussie red kelpie dog in Vancouver.
Happy Canada Day!

Greetings,
Mr. mp. Canada wasn't truly independent until April 17th, 1982 with the repatriation of the constitution. Up until that time, the British crown still had some legal and constitutional control over Canadian sovereignty so Canada Day has nothing to do with independence and more to do with the celebration of the FORMATION of Canada on July 1st, 1867 from the three colonies of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the United Province of Canada (I suspect a joining of Upper and Lower Canada) to form a single country called Canada. Have a happy one in any case, Oh, and early happy fourth of July to Y'all...

It's time to change my gotch.

Now now boys, no need to tussle so :)

In the spirit of Canada Day, let's all try to get along :thumb:

P.S. I believe the majority of Canadians call it/them, "gonch" or "gitch".

Spent Canada Day in 2009 docked at Coal Harbor in Vancouver. After a wonderful dinner at the restaurant in the harbor (Cordero?), we spent the evening watching superb fireworks along with a lot of really nice Canadian folks.

To our northern friends, congrats on your special day!

Now now boys, no need to tussle so :)

In the spirit of Canada Day, let's all try to get along :thumb:

P.S. I believe the majority of Canadians call it/them, "gonch" or "gitch".

I'm a Canuck but I have no idea what a gonch or gitch is.

Thanks, another thing I wish I didn't know.

Thanks, another thing I wish I didn't know.

Sorry about that!

Note to self...better not say anything about 'skid marks' in relation to gonchies then, or I'll really have crossed over a line :eek:

Happy Canada Day to all our northern neighbors!

Back
Top Bottom