What's your next, immediate voyage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Mine is this Tuesday taking sister for a day cruise.

Mmm not sure. Contemplating plans for fourth of July. nothing too exciting.

We're currently on ours. In the Exumas, heading back this week. Then some little trips to Bimini and West Palm Beach. Then Early August we'll be heading back down here to the Exumas for a week or two.

Out to our property in the San Juan Islands for the weekend. We'll do that a bunch of times over the next couple of months and then do two weeks in the Gulf Islands in BC come September.

We're headed out this weekend to watch "Thunder in the narrows" powerboat racing!! :dance:less than 10 minutes from our slip, haha.

We may try to do a two-day circumavigation of kent island as well this weekend but it will probably get pushed off to next weekend. Depends on how exciting the races are :rolleyes:

Other than putzing around on afternoon romps, we'll soon be leaving for four weeks on the west side of Campania Island and east side of the Estevan Group on BC's north coast.

Pretty isolated area in the scheme of things (it's west of the Inside Passage and about halfway between Prince Rupert and Bella Bella) but it's only 100km as the crow flies from Kitimat :) :thumb:

Last edited:
We'll expect (hopefully) verbal if not pictorial accounts of your forthcoming outings.

The next big adventure we have planned is on a friend's boat.
We'll spend a few weeks exploring the Aegean Sea and the coast of Turkey. Looking forward to it.:dance:

On ours - wandering around SE Alaska again.

For the 4th weekend we will be going to Santa Cruz island in our wonderful Channel Islands National Park.

After my daughter's marriage next weekend, I'll be taking my brother (visiting from England) for a short cruise. Probably a 4 day cruise to either Half Moon Bay or Drakes Bay.

Richard

We leave our slip the morning of July 2 for a two-month trip up to the Broughton Archipelago in BC. July 5-25 we'll be with the Waggoner Guide Flotilla, the rest of the time we'll leisurely make our way home. We'll be making a documentary on the flotilla, but posting to our Facebook page and YouTube channel updates all along the way.

In case anyone is interested...:

https://www.facebook.com/Pacific.NW.Boater

Maiden Voyage

Present 38 from The Keys to North Florida first week of August, counting the days....

Two weeks into the CA Delta for the 4th of July Hilton fireworks at Mandeville, then gunkholing as the spirit moves me.

Sadly no cruising, but in about 60 days will leave from St. Jean Pied de Port, France and walk 480 miles on the Camino de Santiago to Santiago Spain on the Atlantic coast - will celibate my 60th birthday on the way!:dance:

Sadly no cruising, but in about 60 days will leave from St. Jean Pied de Port, France and walk 480 miles on the Camino de Santiago to Santiago Spain on the Atlantic coast - will celibate my 60th birthday on the way!:dance:

Wifey B: Celibate on your birthday. Oh no. :nonono:

Wifey B: Celibate on your birthday. Oh no. :nonono:

Wifey B, wow, what a difference an 'r' makes :banghead::banghead:. But alas, since my dear sexy Admiral will not be on this trek (only my good friend, also my Doc., will be hiking with me) I will indeed be celibate for this pilgrimage.:angel::angel:

Nothing until all the debris is gone from the flooding. Hope it's over by the end of July we're planning on going to Grafton marina on the Illinois River for a couple of days. The weekend before Labor Day there's a thing called hogback up around Quincy, Il. I might stop for it and then continue up the river to Muscatine, Iowa for a festival at their waterfront. I'am still contemplating traveling south in the fall but will probably stick around the house during winter.

Not much of a voyage but the weekend of the 4th we will have a lot of family up . Gonna get out early and try to find quiet cove . It will be four boats total and a lot of grandkids .
We put this together last night . 11 noodles linked together with 100' poly line . We hope that it will float in kind of a loop off the stern for swimming .Maybe we won't have to holler
" HANG ON TO THE ROPE " all day .:dance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 95
For the 4th weekend we will be going to Santa Cruz island in our wonderful Channel Islands National Park.
Man! That's what I would be doing if only I lived 200 miles closer.:blush:

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 103
Probably heading to Coecles Harbor on Shelter Island for the 4th weekend.
Or maybe Sag Harbor, not sure which one yet depends on predicted wind directions.

We just did a Mini vacation, and our longest cruise yet in our (new to us) boat. Washington NC to Belhaven, Belhaven to Ocracoke where we ended up staying for 3 days due to high winds across the Pamlico... Lumpy rides out and back on our smallish boat but we had a great time, had some great meals, and met some interesting people. Back today and recouping! 16 hour running time, 135 miles...

mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com.gif

In Belhaven, on the ICW day one. Be sure to eat at Spoon River...One of the finest dining experiences ever!. 1/2 block from the (paid) town dock:

20150618_191028-vi.jpg

At the National park docks on Ocracoke Island A $10 senior National park pass gets you dockage at 60 cents a foot!..an excellent bargain in a relatively pricey little town due to it's remoteness..

20150620_152319-vi.jpg

You just have to deal with the Ferry's coming and going...Was kinda fun to watch actually. These guys have some serious Bow Thrusters!:

20150620_160134-vi.jpg

This Nor'Sea 27, owned by a couple out of Oriental, Has circumnavigated the globe under a previous owner (71 year old Heart/Lung transplant recipient).
Interior build by a guitar maker...stunning.

20150620_110741-vi.jpg

Ocracoke is pretty charming...spent a few days there waiting out the weather:

20150620_153515-vi.jpg

Anchored in Bath on the was home to do a little swimming and saw lots of Porpoise in the creek...Cool!

Last edited:
The next big adventure we have planned is on a friend's boat.
We'll spend a few weeks exploring the Aegean Sea and the coast of Turkey. Looking forward to it.:dance:

My 79 year old mother is doing that right now with a few friends. Not a friend's boat, but she and her tour group are spending 4 days on this cute little number on the Turkish coast. It's part of a 3 week tour of Turkey. From her occasional email reports, she loves Turkey!

Attachments

• 20150617_174550.jpg
    20150617_174550.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 112
I have been to Catalina Island literally a hundred times, but never while operating my own boat.
Going to try to do this short trip in a few months or late summer with a few other boats at my harbor. Strength in numbers!

The weather report for the comming weekend is iffy, but if it works out we have friends comming to town and will take them out on Saturday night to watch the "Not on the Fourth Fireworks" that a local bar/restaurant puts on every year (Tim's Rivershore). The following weekend, we will drive south from the city to the boat (about 30-40 mins.) just turn around and bring the boat back up to DC for the fireworks (about 2 hours). It really is amazing to watch the fireworks from the Potomac looking over the Lincoln Memorial and out toward the Washington Monument. We will anchor for the night to avoid the mass exodus and return to the marina on Sunday. Fingers crossed for decent weather.

Cruising to Provincetown on Cape Cod for a week. Will meet up with in-laws on vacation from California. We'll likely do day trips fishing and whale watching.

Ken

Carolena, I used to keep my boat at James Creek Marina in DC back in the early 00's. I wish I took advantage of the opportunity to do that back then, but always managed to find myself somewhere else on the 4th. Enjoy! :thumb:

Our plan this year is to take the boat out on the Bay to see the fireworks in front of the local Navy base on the 2nd. Then go out again on the 4th to catch the downtown fireworks on the Bay, or to see the Beach fireworks from the Gulf if it is calm enough.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom