View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #19
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I'm going to have to take a much closer look at my Balmar MC-614 external regulator settings to make sure it's optimized for my 660AH lead-acid golf cart house bank. I thought I had it set right, but the more I read, the less I'm sure.

I have the battery temp sensor installed, but not the alternator temp sensor. Just ordered that for under $40. It'll be a simple add-on and setup.

I almost always leave the slip with full start and house batts from the shore charger. I frequently spend a week or two on the boat with limited shore power, so I count on my mains while enroute and my generator-powered shore charger while on the hook. While enroute, my Balmar (stbd) is dedicated to my house bank and the OEM port alternator is assigned start battery charging duty.

Has anyone with a similarly sized house bank already done the mental gymnastics required to achieve the perfect settings for the Balmar Max Charge VRs? Care to share your findings with us?

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote