Hello there from another former lurker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveo

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Navigator
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 46
Hi there, recently joined after perusing the forum and gleaning much useful for the better part of a year. Looking to buy a trawler, preferably full displacement. Wish me luck!

Welcome to the forum. Full displacement will leave you with few choices. I bet ya get talked out of it here. Best of luck.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your search!

Daveo,

Luck and perseverance will pay off, we closed on our boat a few weeks back, hope to post that experiance in the next few weeks. Right now just enjoying the time onboard and doing the cleaning and fixing of simple things that were neglected over the last few years.
It's all good, and hope you find your dream!

Welcome aboard from Texas! Good luck in your search.

Welcome
Good luck and no, I will not try to talk you out of it.

Greetings, and Welcome..
If you have been lurking for a year you must have some idea what you are looking for in the way of features, Must haves, Want to haves, that sort of thing. Don't keep us waiting, Spill it Daveo!!

Nordhavn taste on a TT budget

Thanks for the good wishes. Title sums me up pretty well, Toolbuddie. My most wanted is a Nordhavn 47, though a Selene, Crusty Chief, would also work just fine:). Looking for slow, efficient, single engine, 40-45 ft, two cabin with flybridge and cockpit. Pilothouse a plus. Every desire is open to compromise, just need to be able to sleep aboard comfortably, and it has to float. Main thing is to get out on the water again.

Daveo,
Check the Willard sites. There's usually 4 or 5 for sale.

But it dosn't sound like you really are looking for a full displacement vessel.

Welcome aboard. As to your search try and figure out (realistically)what you will be doing with the boat. The boat that would be ideal for the East Coast and the Atlantic ICW may not be the best boat for the islands. If you are intending to stay north of southern New Jersey then the boat may be different then if you intend to spend your time in the Southeast and Florida.

I have a full displacement and have been almost everywhere east of the Mississippi. At times the boat was ideal. At times marina hopping in the southeast it was not.

Good luck

Welcome aboard, Daveo, from here in Jacksonville Beach. Your tastes / preferences sound sensible to me. I look forward to reading about your search. Good luck (which can make up for a lot of things)!

... Looking to buy a trawler, preferably full displacement. ...

That rules out virtually all twin-engine boats.

I'm content with a single-engine, not-exceeding-hull-speed boat. Most trawler forum members are not.

Back
Top Bottom