View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
Woodsong
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
RE: "Dad, boats sure are fun."

Thanks all.* Carl, yes, he may be available for hired help though we charge mileage to and from the jobsite.* I seriously could not have gotten this job, or some others we've accomplished, without his help. *I know many "trawler folk" turn their noses up at removing propane stoves for an electric cooktop so perhaps I am "corrupting" my son, but for our boat and our family and all things considered, I still think the cooktop we went with is the best for us. *I should measure it but I swear it seems like we have nearly double the counter space and with our small galley (our Monk 36 is a downsize from our previous boat), counter space is the most important thing in the galley, not what we cook on. *

RT- given how small this line was and how tiny the saw was, I felt ok with him doing it without goggles though I guess I could have grabbed a swim mask but then, knowing my son, he'd want a snorkel to go along with it! *

I always wanted a trawler but stayed away from older boats til now. *If I had not bought this little old boat I just keep thinking of all the missed time together my son and I would not have had and that would be a loss.
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote