Does the "Rule of Tonnage" apply here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
We took our Whaler out for some exercise today and what a beautiful day to be on the water. Mid-80's, zero wind, just a few other boats out fishing. We were headed up river a few miles to Richland where we wanted to tie up to the dock and walk up to the Farmers' Market.

When we got there we found this little thing already tied to the dock so we took the opposite side.
img_338705_0_63df0054d6aa2a95e8b7a5076762c4b7.jpg

Wait a minute? You mean you can't see the Whaler? This might help.
img_338705_1_eb7a304f34f7011c3346cdfe334e24e6.jpg

And here's GW and our 5-year old First Mate. He drove most of the way there and all the way back. At 5 years old, he "gets it!" on how to steer the boat.
img_338705_2_e50878bca93d734d8a1405e61533756f.jpg

What a great day on the water!

Greetings,
Mr. GFC. I see the young captain "gets it" regarding cupcakes as well. Smart young man...Wonderful shots.

What great day for you all on the water.

Is the 5 year old a forum member yet? The reason I ask is because the anchor debates seem like they could use some more mature input from time to time.
:D

Greetings,
Mr. 11. Let's not be too hasty about signing the young lad up yet. We don't want to depose our resident expert, Mr. mb.

Greetings,
Mr. 11. Let's not be too hasty about signing the young lad up yet. We don't want to depose our resident expert, Mr. mb.

RT..are you throwing that rode definition back at me?

Greetings,
Mr. mb. Oh, my. Certainly NOT. I was referring, of course to Mr. manyboats our resident anchor expert. No, no, no. Your comment was merely a slip of the tongue for which I was sure you were to be corrected of momentarily. And thus it was. My humblest apologies for the misunderstanding. I have taken to shortening members monikers to save key strokes. You know each of us is only issued a limited amount of strokes...

Rt...I must admit I was laughing to myself as to how I got persecuted so quickly by you. Now MB he deserves it. :)

I gave my 9 year old nephew the chance to steer our GB from the flybridge. His grin was huge. 5 minutes later he dropped his arms to his sides and announced "I'm sick of this."

RT, Now I didn't think of that.

Greetings,
Mr. hm. Next time give him the wheel when the seas are running about 4'-6'.

I'm with you on this one
I've lost track of the number of kids who suffered boredom at the helm of 8knts after 20 minutes. Almost wish I could give the little bugger a taste of 4' seas but then I remembered nobody wants to go on a 3 hour tour in those conditions.

Awww come on guys, I think a five year old would fit right in here. We need a bit of maturity sometimes.

:)

Wifey B: We're use to kids here already. The one we have is fine and knowledgeable...well, other than the shoe incident. So a few years difference but they're all the same.

Wifey B: We're use to kids here already. The one we have is fine and knowledgeable...well, other than the shoe incident. So a few years difference but they're all the same.

Shoe incident? Was Oliver on your boat at the time?

Wifey B: By here, I meant on TF. He's really too smart and knowledgeable to be called a kid but he's the only one TF has so guess he is.

Now at home and on our boat we often have teen girls, labeled "The Brat Pack." hehe

Of course I'm a Brat, just not officially a teen anymore. Right now I have my incredible wonderful brilliant beautiful niece in my arms. Almost 10 months old. She's just an angel. Took her and her mom and another girl shopping today. She needed some new outfits. She likes designer clothes you know. Well, I like seeing her in them. Yes, I spoil her but her mommy says it's ok in this way. Got her some Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Charabia, and Kissy Kissy. I can't wait till she's three or so and can just come visit us and even go boating with us.

Wifey B: Where is Oliver....he's been real quiet....and I learned that when they're quiet is when you need to be worried.

And like for real, I just want it known that we both have a lot of respect for him.

Greetings,
Ms.WB. You're forgetting that younger person in British Columbia, I think, that is rebuilding a boat in their back yard. He/she hasn't checked in for a while. Maybe Mr. O is in touch with them.
Just saw your post. Yes, Mr. O is an OK guy.

Greetings,
Ms.WB. You're forgetting that younger person in British Columbia, I think, that is rebuilding a boat in their back yard. He/she hasn't checked in for a while. Maybe Mr. O is in touch with them.

Wifey B: I didn't know about Ms. or Mr. BC.

We do know a female captain who developed her real love for boating, on a boat that would have fit in here. From the first time she can remember her family had a Grand Banks, and they cruised from the west coast of Florida, and she loved "driving" it from the first time her father set her at the helm. Her sister was the one who had no interest. Well sister's an accountant, she's a captain.

Mr. O looks great in my shoes. I least my shoes know what it's like to have a Nordy.

Wifey B: Where is Oliver....he's been real quiet....and I learned that when they're quiet is when you need to be worried.

And like for real, I just want it known that we both have a lot of respect for him.

Mrs. B, I'm flattered. Mutual respect for you and Mr. B.
Sorry in Bimini, the wifi is scarce. Man those shoes are comfy!ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1433638393.383706.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1433638408.001145.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1433638425.585633.jpg

Greetings,

Negative, I PM'ed him awhile back, never got a response. Rather shy I guess.

Wifey B: You're back in Bimini again? Oh my...the life of leisure for the summer. Well, have fun, but not too much.

You have big flip flops or little feet. Now I know why you took my shoes. You needed a good fit. Have you needed the ointment yet?

HM-the secret with kids is to show them the plotter, tell them it is a video game and they have to keep the boat on the course line. Bet them a cold drink they can't beat your high score. Use the coordinates as score, and just make sure you're moving in the right direction so yours are always higher!

Mike, where were you taking those pics? WA somewhere? I thought American Empress was the new one on the lower Mississippi?

And Queen of the West is the one out there on the Columbia/Snake?

We once travelled from New Orleans to Memphis on American Queen, before that company went belly up, wonderful experience! That was not too long after the Empress of the North found a submerged rock.

-Chris

Mike, where were you taking those pics? WA somewhere? I thought American Empress was the new one on the lower Mississippi?

And Queen of the West is the one out there on the Columbia/Snake?

We once travelled from New Orleans to Memphis on American Queen, before that company went belly up, wonderful experience! That was not too long after the Empress of the North found a submerged rock.

-Chris

The American Empress | River Cruises - American Queen Steamboat Company

American Empress in PNW. American Queen on Mississippi, Tennessee, Ohio. Those are the only two I believe American Queen Steamboat Company is operating at this time.

Back
Top Bottom