View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 10:56 PM   #24
Peter B
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
[QUOTE=Codger2;337253]Most of the TF members will post boats that they are familiar with. That doesn't mean that they are the best boats for your mission. I fall into that category too!

I have had 9 boats over 30' in length since 1995 and have recently gone back to a model that I had 20 years ago. (Same make and model but not the same boat.) Both my wife and I agreed that, all things considered (ie: speed, comfort, resale, looks, entertaining, cruising, maintenance, single handling, etc., it's really hard to beat an Ocean Alexander 42 Sedan. (IMHO)

We've had boats as small as 29 feet and as large as 54 feet. The Ocean Alexander wins, hands down, in our experience.

We wish you the very best of luck in your search. (I'm 74 & my wife is younger.)

Hard to argue, with that experience backing it up.

Jeeze that's a lovely looking boat Walt. I bet you let out a long sigh…rather like when you slide into a nice warm bath on a wintery night...when you got back into a boat like that, and even maybe had to admit…as nice and all as that Gourmet Cruiser was….oooooogh….aarrrgh...