New forum member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kona Kai

Vessel Name
Puffin
Vessel Make
Tresfjord 28
Good evening. This is a wonderful forum and thought it time to sign in. My wife and I own a 40' Tollycraft tricabin 1978 vintage called the Kona Kai. We bought it in 2010 and have finally got it to what I consider presentable condition as the previous owner really let it go. Maybe not really a trawler however it does have Cummins diesel power and we cruise it at 9 kts most of the time.
My background is the marine industry and (lucky me) now retired.
Great forum, thanks
Brad R.

Welcome, Kona Kai! We've been waiting for you.

You have a rare (to me) diesel Tolly! All I've encountered (4) have been gassers. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, right?)

Welcome aboard!

Yes, congrats Kona! Everett? This is a great forum and that is a great boat!

Hi Kona,

We just purchased our first boat..a 73 Tolly Tri cabin also with cummins diesels. We were lucky to buy it from an owner who had the boat for 25 years. Still always work to be done! Welcome aboard.

Yes, congrats Kona! Everett? This is a great forum and that is a great boat!

Hi Kona,

We just purchased our first boat..a 73 Tolly Tri cabin also with cummins diesels. We were lucky to buy it from an owner who had the boat for 25 years. Still always work to be done! Welcome aboard.

Which model Cummins? Mine are 210 hp 5.9 l. Re powered around 91. Yes, always something to be don but that makes it all worthwhile.

They are Cummins 330's (370 derated) installed in 2000. The previous owner has a photo album of the whole repower...the boat was really his baby. He was in tears when we signed all the paper work. Super nice guy spent lots of time with us going over systems. Every now and then we get an e-mail with something he had forgotten to tell us about. It is our first boat so has been so far a very good experience.

Back
Top Bottom