View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #25
Brisyboy

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Malagari
Vessel Model: Island Gypsy 36 Europa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Yes, welcome aboard Brisyboy. Tell us a bit about your NZ sailing experiences, like where, and in what. I cut my boating teeth over there..also first boats being trailer yachts. The first when the kids were really young a Tasman 20, the second, a Gazelle 26 we brought over here to Aussie, and she's still out there somewhere.

So, if anyone sees a Gazelle called Black Widow, that's her. Lovely boat. We eventually went with a Resort 35, and currently a Clipper 34, now on the market. I have her down at Horizon Shores.

Yes, please….put up some pics. Sing out if you have any trouble with that.
WE chartered (a yacht) in the Bay of Islands for two weeks - absolutely glorious area. For those unfamiliar with it, its a wide, open bay scattered with.......you guessed it....islands. Anyway, we sailed up north a short way to another Bay (name escapes me) the charter company said that was a good idea as there was a "bit of a blow" coming. Just love that Kiwi sense of humour - it was a Cat 1 cyclone!!! We were in a perfect spot for it - totally protected but it sure blew. Its our second trip to the land of the long white cloud - first was about 15 years ago for a touring holiday, mainly on the south island.
Brisyboy is offline   Reply With Quote