Question on Lehman 120 parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocky

Where is the best place to buy gaskets for the heat exchanger on a Ford Lehman 120.

Pattik

Okay, answered my own question here...LOL, called Brian at American Diesel and he took care of me.

I've always been told that when you start answering yourself you are in trouble.
biggrin.gif

Glad you found the best source.

Any local marine shop should stock them. They're just generic 4" heat exchanger gaskets. Heck, you can make them up yourself if you've got some gasket material lying around.

Well they are certainly cheap enough...$3.01 each.

For that engine frequently you can go to a Ford tractor parts house and get parts that aren't unique to your engine like heat exchanger parts that are tacked on my the marineizer such as Sabre or Lehman. Get all the numbers you can when you go though.

Giggles
I'm pretty sure AD can provide. A couple of years ago I had the hose/ gasket supplier we use cut me some spares out of rubber. Probably an 1/8" thick. Of course, at $3, it would probably be better just to order some spares from Brian.

thank you i will call brian i guess...can't find anything on the net.....
wink.gif

just pulled all 4 sea strainers and trying to find the mesh baskets. the are no numbers or model numbers on the strainers. look like the grocos with the wing nut on the top, but no drain plug on the bottom any one got any clues that might help me find some info. got the heat exchanger gaskets from napa.

giggles wrote:
just pulled all 4 sea strainers and trying to find the mesh baskets. the are no numbers or model numbers on the strainers. look like the grocos with the wing nut on the top, but no drain plug on the bottom any one got any clues that might help me find some info. got the heat exchanger gaskets from napa.

Giggles, you mean the strainer baskets are missing? Why 4? Gen, AC, 2 mains? I had a damaged basket on a main SS a few years and was able to match it up at the now closed Blue Water Ship store in Kemah Texas. Same for a spare plastic strainer for the AC. That way I could swap out the strainer and bring the other home for a good cleaning. Can you post some pictures??

this is apicture of the strainers that are in the boat.* it looks like a groco but there is no drain plug and the bottom is flat.* 2 rods hold the viewing cylinder in place.* what i am having problem finding is the mesh strainer that would fit.* there are no model numbers or make name on the strainer.* does this look familiar.*

giggles wrote:
this is apicture of the strainers that are in the boat.* it looks like a groco but there is no drain plug and the bottom is flat.* 2 rods hold the viewing cylinder in place.* what i am having problem finding is the mesh strainer that would fit.* there are no model numbers or make name on the strainer.* does this look familiar.*
From what I can see in the little pic, it looks exactly like mine.* Check it out in my pic.* I'll see if I can get a number off the basket next time I'm at the boat.

Attachments

• er3.jpg
    er3.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 159
Back in the day --Marine trading International-- had a lot of things manufactured to be simular to name brand stuff.

They could keep their boats afforaable by having a lot of stuff made up.

Not sure of you could find a basket for it but you could have one made.

I know this is not much help, but I would not spend much time looking for a needle in a haystack.

Even if I went over to Don Miller's(the importer)* yard, I doubt if he would*sell me one if he had it.

JohnP

thanks for the info....i'm not sure where to get one made but i will look around...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom