Speed Seal Lehman 135

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
I have the speed seal cover for my raw water pump and am in the process of changing the impeller.

1) I believe the paper gasket that comes with the Jabsco impeller is surplus to requirements. Correct?

2) Is the circular rubber disk for the centre of the impeller part of the installation, or not? It seems it came with the impeller but the one I installed last time did not have the disk.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I have the speed seal cover for my raw water pump and am in the process of changing the impeller.

1) I believe the paper gasket that comes with the Jabsco impeller is surplus to requirements. Correct?

2) Is the circular rubber disk for the centre of the impeller part of the installation, or not? It seems it came with the impeller but the one I installed last time did not have the disk.

Jim

On mine, the O-ring takes the place of the paper gasket. I still use glycerin to lube things up, including the O-ring. These things work like a charm.

Captain Bill, Angus. Kinda what I thought too. I just wanted to confirm.

Jim

On mine, the O-ring takes the place of the paper gasket. I still use glycerin to lube things up, including the O-ring. These things work like a charm.

Ditto, and since the center disk comes with the impeller I use it.

Ken

Another Ditto on using the Speed Seal covers.

Depending upon the style, they have slots for the lower fasteners that allow you to rest the cover on the lower screws while fitting it. Makes it much easier to position the cover.

speedseals.jpg

With the Speed Seal Life series, you must use the new cover because it includes the new spacer and wear plate.

TechDetails.jpg

After reading several impeller change frustration stories, I got a Speed Seal and my first change was a snap. Unfortunately, our engine (Yanmar 4JH2-UTE) wouldn't accept the Speed Seal Life, so had to "settle" for the Speed Seal.

Larry, I just replaced the white spacer and wear plate yesterday. They said every two years on the package. The PO imported the kit from the UK and it coast £77 sterling for that and a few other bits and bots.. Yowsah! Is there a NA source for these parts?

Jim

Jim,

I have always dealt directly with Alex Parker at Speedseals in the UK. He can be reached at 800-675-1105. He always takes the time to make sure I am ordering the proper pieces for my application and ships them right out. The prices and shipping have always seemed reasonable to me.

Here are the current Speedseal Life prices:
Welcome to Speedseal USA Prices

And here are the standard Speedseal prices:
Welcome to Speedseal USA Prices

I think the white spacer and wear plate you just replaced are only $18 plus $6 shipping and handling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom