Post videos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wyoboater

Vessel Name
In Disguise
Vessel Make
1985 Mainship 40 DC
How do we post short vids to the forum? When I go to post, there's a link to "add video", but I can't click on it.

It's super easy to post videos from the iPhone app. Can't remember how from the desktop program, but remember it not being as easy.

I'm so much help!

LOL! Unfortunately, I'm smart phone impaired. I have a flip phone, and they'll drag me into the 21st century kicking and screaming!

I've never posted a video on here before and wanted to give it a shot where if it screwed up it wouldn't matter.

Here's a video I took last fall at Grand Canyon. The only link between this video and boating is that the Grand Canyon was created by a river and that river is used for boating.

Sorry about the thread drift. Now we return to our regularly scheduled topic. Thanks for letting me try this.

I have noticed that video loads take a long time and a message appears on the post that the video upload is processing. After a long time, the video appears.

Check that your file type is compatible with the listing of file suffixes shown on the upload page.

I've tried several times from my iPad . I choose a video and then it compresses it but it won't upload . It shows up in small picture next to choose file but that is as far as it gets .

I've never posted a video on here before and wanted to give it a shot where if it screwed up it wouldn't matter.

??? I seem to remember you posting a lot of videos on your trip down the west coast. ???

Ok...I hit "post reply"...then I type...then I scroll down and see "add video", but I can't click on that. So, I scroll further and click on "manage attachments"...it takes me to a screen where I can browse my computer and select the vid, I attach that, it uploads for awhile, then I get a separate screen that says "please upload video from video screen" or something like that...but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Does a short video have to made thru you tube first or can it be loaded right from I phone or I pad ? I've done this before and it wasn't a youtube video .

Videos are probably a product of too much television.

People need to learn to read again.

I hate vid on the news. You've got to listen to someone go on and on about ....... Whereas if it were in text I could scan and edit. Get what I want/need and git.

Some things, however are better in video.

You should be able to load videos directly to posts as noted earlier. (not sure what the issue is however, with IOS) alternatively you can drop a link to a youtube video into a post and it will automatically render in the post. Just be sure that your youtube video is set for public viewing....

Back
Top Bottom