Strange valve at helm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

satfly

Can anyone help me identify this strange valve by the helm of a 1992 IG 32? It's not too easy to poke around behind it, and I thought I'd ask first. Thanks!

Picture?

Greetings,
Mr. dw.

window-washer.jpg

9k=

Best I could do on short notice....

Well RT, I wouldn't call her a strange valve. Strange, yes. And we won't go into word play on "valve". And, yes, you can do better than that as you've proved so often. Get with it. :popcorn:

On my 1981 IG36, it is located to the right, low down, at the helm. Never tried it. Looks to be a gate valve style "wheel" handle, similar to the LPG/propane valve, found overhead in the saloon.

Can anyone help me identify this strange valve by the helm of a 1992 IG 32? It's not too easy to poke around behind it, and I thought I'd ask first. Thanks!

Satfly, These are very peculiar boats, but not as peculiar as most of their owners. First thing I'd suspect is a tap - as in beer tap. In my circles, sometimes wine has been known to flow from these, but nothing else of value.

If the handle says Pabst Blue Ribbon, you'll know what it is.

Sorry, got lost above describing the thing. It is a window washer valve,but I can`t see a spray nozzle on the screen, which is why I never bothered to try it.

The skinny black hose attached immediately below the arm-wiper joint delivers fresh water at the touch of a bottom:

Last edited:
The IG was a rip of the GB - look at the top of the glass, small copper pipes, usually happily occupied by mud dauber or indigenous bees. Plumbed directly from the fresh water system.

Try it? If you don't like the result, reverse the process.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom