Overwhelmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipeliner

Veteran Member
We are Russell and Frani from Louisiana. We are looking for our first trawler and have been for about a year. So many choices. We are very excited to be part of the boating community and look forward to the adventure !! Hope to see y'all on the water very soon.

Hi Russell and Frani,

Welcome to the forum!

Ted

Overwhelming, oh yes.

And it gets worse after you actually buy the boat and start with all the "projects".

But it's still fun! Welcome!!

Welcome! I live in Thibodaux and keep my boat in Houma. Just off the ICW If you are nearby and ever want to have a look or "talk trawlers" let me know.

Welcome to the forum. In spite of the initial overwhelm in making the decision, things do narrow down and it's often said that when you find your boat, it actually finds you. Meanwhile, be OK with the overwhelm cuz, as Cardude points out, it won't be the last overwhelming feeling you have in boat ownership.

Pipeliner,
I have 3 words for you. Survey...Survey...Survey..
The broker somehow talked me out of one, but on the other hand, glad he did. I love my trawler and wouldn't trade it for the world. Well maybe Chile. But that's just for the produce.

Yes , Steve . Might look you up. I think we are looking forward to some projects ...

Welcome! Good luck with your search.

PipeLiner

I also live in Houma and keep my boat near Steve. What part of La. do you live?

Good luck!

Welcome! Do y'all have any boating experience? The best advice I can give is to start chartering different styles of boats, get out on the water NOW, learn if the boating life is for you, and what you want in terms of ergonomics, creature comforts etc. Then you'll be able to narrow the field down dramatically while having fun doing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom