Where do we discuss marinas, good, bad, in between experiences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mule

Guru
Vessel Name
Florita Ann
Vessel Make
1982 Present
I do not know which topic to discuss Marinas. Seems like that could be handy for this forum.

Active captain is where I would comment on a marina if i had useful information to pass on.

That kindda crossed my mind.

Definitely post a user review on Active Captain, the good the bad and the ugly. AC accepts all reviews unedited unless they are profane or abusive.

David

Been a variety of threads that discuss marina choices in particular areas. Don't see why that shouldn't continue.

Been a variety of threads that discuss marina choices in particular areas. Don't see why that shouldn't continue.

By no means am I suggesting that a thread on any relevant topic cannot be discussed. However, i think that the best place to have info on a marina that will be easiest to access when anyone needs it would be on Active Captain, thats all.

I do not know which topic to discuss Marinas. Seems like that could be handy for this forum.

Thanks for the suggestion - we're likely to give something like this a go - seems like a good addition.

Marinas, Anchorage, Harbors, Slips and Storage
Places to stop, store or stay. Discuss slip rentals, cool destinations, marina life and anchoring in great locations.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s58/

Last edited:
Marinas, Anchorage, Harbors, Slips and Storage
Places to stop, store or stay. Discuss slip rentals, cool destinations, marina life and anchoring in great locations.

Marinas, Anchorage, Harbors, Slips and Storage - Trawler Forum

LOL - you are very attentive - we're still setting this up but you can post there now. it turns out there were a lot of threads on this subject floating around in other sections of the board. Still rounding them up... ;)

Greetings,
Ms. JH. "Still rounding them up...". I was going to suggest an amalgamation of all the "where" threads but with the thread creep I didn't have a clue as to where you folks would start. Good Grief! Talk about needles in haystacks...

dnno.gif

It's all about the keyword! Whatever you do, don't search "anchor"! Your tablet might explode.

By no means am I suggesting that a thread on any relevant topic cannot be discussed. However, i think that the best place to have info on a marina that will be easiest to access when anyone needs it would be on Active Captain, thats all.

Yep.:thumb::thumb:

Active Capt is so convenient, as it can be integrated into your chart planner:dance:

We have found the pot lucks and dock get togethers in the PNW to be a great source of local information. With so few cruisers using TF hard to see it as an option. Active Captain, next to word of mouth, seems the current place to be beyond the plethora of guide books.

Also, one persons view of a marina experience may be tainted by issues such as too many republicans were at the dock.

Last edited:
"Also, one persons view of a marina experience may be tainted by issues such as too many republicans were at the dock."

Wait! I resemble that remark! God creates us & we seek our own kind.

Also, one persons view of a marina experience may be tainted

I read reviews for the details rather than just the rating given. Then I can determine if it applies to my situation or not. For instance, I just pulled up a marina with two reviews, a 4 and a 5. Nice reviews, but one thing both point out is draft and depth limited to about 5'. Well, we're more than that.

Often I see marina reviews influenced by showers or laundry facilities. Well, we use neither so not directly concerned. However, the condition of both does reflect on what we might expect to find in other areas of the marina so we still use the information, only differently.

Some reviews are negative because of prices. While having pricing information is valuable, we see price as a given fact. It may impact your decision, but then it doesn't speak at all as to how you'll like the marina if you decide the price is ok. Also, if it's price on an annual contract, that doesn't impact us as transients.

I have no use for ratings without comments so that's what I like best regarding the AC reviews is that they are informative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom