Volvo Transmission Workshop Manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have two shop manuals for my MS3 transmissions, one factory, the other one off the internet. I pulled one box apart and deglazed the cones and it was a straightforward job without the need for "Volvo" tools. Finding replacement seals could be difficult as Volvo does not support these "old" transmissions.

Volvo transmissions

Thanks Ancora.
I haven't been able to find transmission workshop manuals on line. Can you tell me where you found yours?
Is MS3 same as MS4A?
Dealer talks about rolling torque for reassembly. Does you manual speak to that?

I down loaded it off the internet from the Volvo Penta web page some years ago. There are 26 well illustrated pages with all the specs. On the last page it reads:

AB Volvo Penta
Technical Information
Dept. 42200
SE-405 08 Goteborg
Sweden
No mention of "rolling torque" but manual has all the torque values. I believe both boxes are the same.

Attachments

• VolvoMSB_reverse_gear.pdf
    521.3 KB · Views: 356
Ms3 manual

I have two shop manuals for my MS3 transmissions, one factory, the other one off the internet. I pulled one box apart and deglazed the cones and it was a straightforward job without the need for "Volvo" tools. Finding replacement seals could be difficult as Volvo does not support these "old" transmissions.

Sorry to revive this old of a topic

Do you still have this pdf, are you willing to email me a copy? Volva penta website doesn’t have pdfs for this anymore

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom