View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:46 PM   #5
6-Pack

City: Everett, Wa
Vessel Name: The 6-Pack
Vessel Model: 1974 Custom Aluminum Pilothouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaK View Post
Hello all. New here and boat stupid. Spouse and I are entering into the scary world of boat ownership. We have found a trawler we like and broker has been forthcoming about issues with boat (well you know..). So the boat we are looking at is a 1985 trawler, Taiwanese. We will definitely have a survey done but want to spare expense if not worth going forward. The boat had a delamination issue with one of the stringers. It was repaired apparently. However when spouse was looking at boat and engines were started up one was moving around a bit. Broker thinks repair wasn't 100% and owner is willing to repair (this is a drilled hole with something injected in terms of what he will do). Before we pay for the survey...would love to know if this is something we should run quickly away from. We realize that there will be some costs, actually many costs down the road but don't want a massive one initially. Thanks for any advice as I repeat we are boat stupid!

I wonder if the fact that they started it for you pre offer is a positive sign? They will need to fix it whether they sell it to you or someone else. Why haven't they?
6-Pack is offline   Reply With Quote