5200 + 1 more use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SOMERS

Vessel Name
ANDROMEDA
Vessel Make
MAINSHIP 400
Could it be that 5200 is the scientific name given to that gookie stuff *you get all over every thing even if you are doing the smallest job.

On our swing moorings *I am forced to use some very big shackles like 1.25 " monsters at the weight ground chain and swivel, with smaller up to bridal, nothing less than 0 .75" the shackles a re also wired with solid copper plastic coated wire , there is a wiring procedure.

I always use the next shackle size up larger than the chain.

Before i insert the shackle pins i coat the male and female threads *with 5200 *this provides a degree of lubrication for setting up the pin very tight.

5200 keeps the threads nice and shiny throughout *the life of the shackle.

I always use a big" Georgia fit all " spanner to set the pin up,also the 5200 is going to set up very firm on the threads.

However i have " Big Billy " *a *24 '' Stilsen *and 24" torque bar to undo the shackle when needed, that thing will bust the 5200 seal which also aids in keeping the pin in place.

Sure beats using a cutting torch *or a bunch of hack saw blades just think of the time you will save.

Clean up.
i have been using Mineral spirits *but straight gas will do just fine with some paper towel.
I use 5200 *on all of my shackles small ones and the big monsters.

5200+1 more use.

A sailors worst enemy is chafe.
furious.gif

Donald & Mavis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom